Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Using the Soprano Choir with Sibelius

Hello:  I've just purchased the Soprano Choir and need information on how to access it from Sibelius.  Is there something like a house style that includes it?

Please excuse me if this is a lame question but I'm rather new to all this.  Thank you very much. 

• Hello John!

There is no sound set for the Soprano Choir. You can switch articulations with MIDI Control Data like ~C1,xx (MIDI Controller 1 with value xx) or ~N24,64 (Keyswitch for C1).

For details on sending MIDI Control Data take a look at your Sibelius Reference.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • My question is more basic than that:  how do you get the soprano choir to show up in the instrument lists in Sibelius.  I've installed it in the Sounds folder that contains my other VIenna Instruments products, but other than that I don't know how to proceed.  Thank you again for helping out a beginner.

• Hi John!

If you are working on a Windows machine, you will have to set up the plugin folder in Sibelius. That's the folder, where you installed the Vienna Instruments.dll and/or the Vienna Ensemble.dll. You can do that in the Playback Devices/Audio Engine Options window.

After restarting Sibelius Vienna Instruments and/or Vienna Ensemble should appear in the list of available devices.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Yes, I am working with a Windows machine.  The plugin folder exsits under "C:\Users\John Boenzi\AppData\Roaming\Sibelius Software\Sibelius 6\Plugins".  I tried putting the entire "101 Soprano-Choir" folder in the plugins folder but there is still no sign of the Soprano Choir in Sibelius.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you again,
    John

• Hi John!

Maybe you didn't install the Vienna Instruments or Vienna Ensemble plugin to that folder. If you don't remember, where you installed it, do a Windows search for the file Vienna Instruments.dll or Vienna Ensemble.dll.

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • The folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Sibelius Software\VSTPlugins contains Vienna Ensemble.dll and Vienna Ensemble x64.dll.  I am able to access all Vienna instruments from Piccolo to Percussion from within Sibelius with the exception of the Soprano Choir.  This folder is the one specified in Sibelius/Playback Devices/Audio Engine Options\Virtual Instruments and Effects.  So I think I'm set up correctly, except for the still missing Sopranos.  Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

And while I have your attention, since I have 64-bit Windows and use 64-bit Vienna components exclusively, is it necessary to have both the Vienna Ensemble.dll and Vienna Ensemble x64.dll in the VSTPlugins folder?

•  PS There is an instrument list within Vienna Ensemble "The following licenses are installed".  No sign of the Soprano Choir there either. 

The only place I see Soprano Choir is in eLicenser Control Center, where it shows up under its own Collection License.

John

• Hello John!

I would keep both Vienna Ensemble dlls in the Plugin directory. You might need the 32bit version for 32bit plugins.

Please can you clarify some things about your installation.

Where is the Soprano Choir content folder (normally it's called 91 Choir and holds 5 dat files) located?
    Do you have this folder included in the Directory Manager?

Are you sure the license is not listed in Vienna Ensemble? It should be listed as DL Soprano Choir.

If this all doesn't help, I'd suggest to download and install the latest Vienna Ensemble version. You can find it at the following location:
    http://vsl.co.at/en/68/428/515/211.htm

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Will you make a sibelius set when the new Vienna Choir will be available?

• Hi Sergio!

Yes, a sound set for the Vienna Choir is planned.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello Andi:  The 5 Soprano Choir files are in D:\91 Soprano-Choir.  It is listed as such in Directory Manager.  My other sound sets are in the same location  (the D: drive is dedicated to Vienna Instruments).  I fiddled with Directory Manager an even though I don't think I changed anything I now see DL Soprano Choir in the list of licensed sounds in Ensemble, and on the right side there's a folder F - Voices MATRIX - Files.  Good news, a step in the right direction.

When I attempted to assign it to an instrument within Ensemble I got "File is invalid or corrupted".  Perhaps this explains why it was not visible until now.  I am going to redownload and reinstall it and we'll see what happens.

In the meantime, should it be visible within Sibelius in the Playback Devices/Program Name dropdown along with all my other Vienna sounds?  It isn't presently so I do not know how to use it from within Sibelius.  Is this normal, and if so how do I use the Soprano Choir in Sibelius?

Thanks again,
    John

• Hi John!

In case of a corrupted file, please download and install it again.

The soprano choir will not appear in a sound set. Please use an extra Vienna Ensemble instance for it with sound set "General MIDI". To switch between articulations do as described earlier in this thread.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on