Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,571 users have contributed to 42,241 threads and 254,850 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

My project became increasingly harder to work with, but after restarting the computer it works smoothly now. 0% CPU usage when idle.

@Johannet said:

The new build performs sluggishly on my system.

Mac Pro 8-Core 2,88 Ghz

14GB ram

Logic 9

A single 64-Bit instance with 16 instruments loaded and a setting of 4 Threads will report a CPU usage between 30% and 40% when idle and will go above 50% when playing some instruments.

OS X Acitivity Monitor shows a CPU usage of about 182% when idle and approaches 300% when playing instruments. It also shows 27 threads.

The interface is very sluggish to the point, that it is a chore to drag instruments around.

The last stable version was a smoother interface experience for me.

• Now, where I solved the Program Change problem, I would like to use the VST3 version of VE Pro with multiple MIDI and audio ports. But if I set number of audio channels above exactly 94, then Cubase 5.1 crashes. Either right when creating the VE instance or at least if I enable all audio ports (only the first two are enabled by default).

It is really odd, the limit seems to be exactly 94 audio channels. If I keep the setting at 94 or below, all works great. Setting 96 or more will make the system unusable - crashes all the time. It is easy to reproduce the problem on my system. Even a new empty Cubase project and a single empty instance of VE Pro (VST3) will reproduce the crash.

Not sure whether this is a Cubase or a VE Pro issue. Anyone else having this problem?

PS: Is it advisable to minimize the number of VE Pro instances, or is the overhead per instance negligible?

System: Vista 64, Cubase 5.1 (32 bit), VE Pro 4657

Best regards,

Peter

• A few problems with Kontakt 3 remain.

Notes will sometimes hang.

VE Pro instances that have Kontakt instances in them will often stop working completely for about 20-30 seconds before resuming as normal. During that time VE Pro gives me the spinning beach ball. This happens to me every 3-5 minutes, sometimes during playback, sometimes when idle.

Mac Pro 8-Core 2,8Ghz

14 GB Ram

Mac OS X 10.6

Logic 9

• That doesn't sound nice. Is anybody else having similar problems?

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

That doesn't sound nice. Is anybody else having similar problems?

In Motunation forum I read that one user could get rid of the dropouts by not using his 828mk3 interface, and instead use the Mac Pro internal output. My main interface is 828mkII with 828mk3 daisy-chained. I tried switching the 828mk3 off all together: now after testing the setup for 10 minutes, no dropouts. So this might have to do with the 828mk3, for some weird reason. Let's see after longer use what happens.

• I don't use an audio interface.

Everything is done by my Mac Pro.

• I did some more testing and the problem seems to appear only in big projects that use most of the ram.