Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,511 users have contributed to 42,234 threads and 254,831 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• VE Pro warning for DP users

Just a warning for DP users not to change the number of "Audio Ports" on the host from the default of 32.

I tried both 8 and 16 and whenever I did and reloaded the plugin, I got a MAS 0 error and DP would not load VEPro. Doing a rescan on the plugin would result in a failed examiniation process.

However setting the Ports back to 32 and rescanning the plugin will restore functionality. (Midi Ports do not seem to be affected by the same issue and I would recommend setting to 1 because that's all DP will be able to access per instance anyway.)

Any other DP users out there on VEPro?

• I'm on DP and PT both, but I use DP with DAE/RTAS. Because I use RTAS I have access to all the midi ports, but I've come across an issue where for some reason midi sync isn't getting through to any slaves. Sync comes through when you use MAS, but not RTAS. I haven't messed with the number of audio ports or midi ports. 

• Thank you Magnum! You have solved a major problem- for me anyway. I'm using DP7 with VE Pro and now it is working thanks to your insight! My faith in humanity has been restored along with VEPro & DP 7 too. And that is a very good thing indeed.

• You're a lifesaver, VE PRO's hummin along over here again.  Incidentally, the fact that running the uninstall app didn't restore the default preferences makes me wonder if running the uninstaller app may have left a few files lingering around.  Is there anything that I should delete manually?

• Yes, J. The file that causes the issues is:   at.co.vsl.ViennaEnsemblePro.plist

It's located in <homefolder>/Library/Preferences

You can delete that file and it will reset the server settings. Or you can just change the Audio Ports back to 32 as I posted. Both will restore functionality to DP after rescanning the plugin.

• last edited
    last edited

@magnumpraw said:

Just a warning for DP users not to change the number of "Audio Ports" on the host from the default of 32.

Hey magnumpraw,

I'm about to switch everything over to VEPro - I'm still using Tiger on a G5 Dual 2gig but will be upgrading to Leopard in a couple of weeks once I get a break in the action. I have just upgraded to DP7 today and love it - much more stable.

What is your system configuration, if I can ask?

I know this is going to sound very ignorant, but where do I find "audio ports" in DP? I know it's probably very obvious but sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees...

Is anyone else out there running a PPC with DP & VEPro? Would love to here your thoughts before I dive from VE3 to VEPro.

Thanks for the help!

Rob

• I just realized that "Audio Ports" is probably relating to the VEPro app, right?

• My main computer is a Mac Pro 2x2.93 gHz Quad core Nahelem with 12GB RAM (DP)

Synth 1 is a Mac Pro Quad Core 3.0Ghz (2007) with 8GB RAM (various synths-ivory,NI Komplete, Elec Keys, etc.)

Synth 2 is a Mac Pro Quad Core 2.XGHz (2007) with 8GB RAM (multiple instances of Kontakt housing a ton of converted Giga-samples)

Once I get this all settled, I'll be adding more RAM now that it is acutally useful.

"audio ports" is a parameter on the VE Pro host under "Preferences". It's not a setting in DP

Cheers!