Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,360 users have contributed to 42,221 threads and 254,768 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• Howdy, I just tried v4.0 build 4536 with Sonar 8.5 and I can't seem to detect the VST files, still. I downloaded the new update, uninstalled the previous build, installed new build then restarted and rescanned my VSTs. Has this patch resolved the VST not being found for any other Sonar users out there?

•  With Sonar 8.32 is now OK.

• I'm on 8.5 64bit and it works fine here.

• I have finally managed to get Sonar 8.5 to recognise Vienna Pro.  However, I cannot get the Server to start up in non network mode. Clicking connect just brings up the network slave page and won't let me get any further....I just want to test Pro in single host computer mode so I can try pro out before possibly buying it.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

• Alrighty, Thanks, I guess it must be something I'm doing wrong on my end. Did you do anything differently then what simply removing the old version and installing the new? Cheers

• last edited
    last edited

@basso said:

I have finally managed to get Sonar 8.5 to recognise Vienna Pro.  However, I cannot get the Server to start up in non network mode. Clicking connect just brings up the network slave page and won't let me get any further....I just want to test Pro in single host computer mode so I can try pro out before possibly buying it.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?

You need to fire up the server application first. Then you can connect to the local server.

• It's still not working for me! Windows XP SP3, Sonar PE 8.3.1. 

I uninstalled the last version, updated the eLicenser. Still no dice.

Do I need to uninstall VE3? I'm hesitant as it still works and so do I!

• Hi didger,

would you like to elaborate "not working"? What exactly doesn´t work, what are the steps you take?

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Just as before, VE Pro does not show up as an available VSTi in Sonar. I uninstalled the previous version, installed the new one, checked that the .dll is in the same vst folder as all the other working VSTi's, restarted, rescanned in the plug-in manager. It simply doesn't show up.

• Same issue here: Sonar 8.5 Vista 64bit. I basically followed the same steps as didger outlined above. Is there something we are missing, do we need to update the Vienna Key? (I didn't think so.. but I'm out of ideas)

•  Did you check the box for "Re-scan failed plug-ins"?

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Ahah! Bill, you're my hero :) Its working now.

didger, incase you are unfamiliar with where the VSTi options are: Options > Global > VSTi > check the rescan checkboxes and rescan.

• Hey Bill,

Yes, 'failed plug-ins' was checked. BUT - I just tried 're-scan existing plug-ins' on a whim and that fixed it!

Give it a try, DMJ!

The bad news for me... I'm out of time now and won't be able to play with it until tonight!

•  Is anyone else having a crash on the slave when turning the synth back on in Sonar?

•  Randin,

Were you ever able to use VEPRO with SONAR 8.5?

My setup is the VEPRO and samples are on slave 64 bit Vista.  My sonar 8.5 is on PC. I insert VEPRO as VSTI and connect to VEPRO on slave. Everything looks OK at this point. Then I add an instrument. I can hear the sample when I click the VEPRO keyboard. I see the volume

meters on both computers responding. But, as soon as I attempt to  play the Sonar track, there is no sound and the VEPRO keyboard freezes up. At that point, the disconnect function is frozen. I have to force the disconnect by exiting the VEPRO server.

I can run VE VSTI in Sonar with no problem. I would just go ahead and use the VE but there is  a pitch differenence between the VSL samples and some other samples I'm using. VEPRO has a master tuning function that would solve that problem.

Any help from you or anyone else reading this post would be most appeciated.

Jim Ferguson

• Sorry, my problem (which is solved) wasn't anything like that and I don't have any useful tips. I'm still on 8.3.1 myself, but I know there's happy 8.5 users. Sorry, I'm lucky to get my own system working, and am not the best at solving anyone else's problems!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody,

seems like most of these issues were solved with an update of VE PRO on all computers.

Please check this thread.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • My problem is that all channels created on the VE PRO (or VI PRO the same) will play on all midi tracks
    on the SONAR regardless of which channel number is assigned. It's a mess.

Do you have your setup working and if so, would you be willing to share your configuration setup with me?

Thanks,
    jjim1