Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,700 users have contributed to 42,668 threads and 256,814 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

Actually, this is correct. The VE PRO AU/RTAS will work fine on 10.4 Tiger. It's just the standalone and server that requires 10.5 Leopard or higher.

Hi Karel,

Great news!!

I am using VE3 on my PPC G5 as a host and one PC Quad Core as slave

I'd like to know if.... VE3 Pro will run as a HOST  on my PPC G5 under Tiger???

Regards.

• last edited
    last edited

@jotaresende said:

I am using VE3 on my PPC G5 as a host and one PC Quad Core as slave

I'd like to know if.... VE3 Pro will run as a HOST  on my PPC G5 under Tiger???

Regards.

Yes.....That's exactly what Karel is saying.

P

• PowerPC support at this time is not a certainty, but we're definitely looking into it.

• My vote is for a release of what you have tested and working now - with these options as requested in future releases.  :)

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@Karel said:

PowerPC support at this time is not a certainty, but we're definitely looking into it.

Karel ,

this is absolutely great news !

Highly appreciate all your work and efforts !!!

I think with your statement you managed to put a big smile on the faces of all PPC users around the world ... [:D] ...

Thanks a lot

Best wishes

- Gerd

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

My vote is for a release of what you have tested and working now - with these options as requested in future releases.  😊

I completely agree with you Rob. I'm chomping at the bit for it to be released.

•  To Whom It May Concern,

I have had a DAW builder who knows my live requirements and concerns, and has warned me that using VE Pro live might have latency issues.

I will be using 2 x 64bit PC streamers and 1 x main DAW. This builder has not seen my newest setup where I went from DSP cards on 5volt/32bit PCI buss to a 1U rack of DSP chips using the PCI-e 1X buss.

Live I use 3msec/44.1 and record with 1msec/96k. But I am more concerned with the live latency. How much latency should I expect from the 2 x 64bit PC slaves to the XITE-1 DSP rack via the PCI-e 1X...? If it helps any I was using 13msec/44.1k back in '99 live w/ Gigastudio/Scope DSP cards, and it was acceptable, similar to being 20 feet away from a crash cymbal. What should I expect if VE Pro is my host..? Also, I disable all native time based effects, and use hardware and DSP. Any effects will be applied in the main DAW and the only native effects will be a Sonalksiss Lo-Fi and the Algorhytmix Split Compressor, and only the Comp. for recording not live.

Thanks For Any Info.

• You would pretty much always have a higher latency with a standalone / soundcard setup. Measure and see...

• last edited
    last edited

Hey guys this is awwwwwsome software! Running great on my Macbook snow leopard and Slave Core i7.

@Karel said:

Actually, this is correct. The VE PRO AU/RTAS will work fine on 10.4 Tiger. It's just the standalone and server that requires 10.5 Leopard or higher.

Can I just ask is the above statement still true before I attempt to install it on my studio Mac? (PPC, Tiger, logic, master only). I noticed it says 10.5.7 on the install....

I reckon you'll all be deserving a long holiday soon!

Cheers

Paul

• The connector plugin does not run under Tiger. We have experienced higher network performance with Leopard, and therefore we have also set it as a part of system requirements. But for the adventurous fellows, we kept PPC support in.

[Edit - misleading information]

• Cheers for the clarification

All the best

Paul