Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,726 users have contributed to 42,254 threads and 254,895 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• Err ... I'm not sure if I really understand the question, but I'll try to answer it anyway. :-)

With "ordinary" panning, you are more or less restriced to "left/right" and "more reverb/less reverb". As MIR offers individual impulse reponses for almost every spot on a stage, we are able to think in much more meaningful terms of "nice position for violins", "nice position for a flute". So if this is what you are asking for, then the answer is: Yes the width of an VI should be treated like on a real stage - as long as you think it sounds nice, of course, because nothing hinders you from doing it in a way that nobody dared to try on the actual stage.

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • hmm. I guess, not really sure what you mean by the "nice position" term though. But I think I got the point.[8-)]

• last edited
    last edited

@hose said:

hmm. I guess, not really sure what you mean by the "nice position" term though.
    "The instrument sounds good when it plays here, fits to the other instruments and fills its part within the arrangement." :-)

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ok ic, great! Dietz, and MIR users I need to you ask you something, and I would like you to be frank with me. Basically, my new workstation for MIR should arrive by next week. As a general rule I don't change my work flow in a middle of project, and right now I have 7 more episodes left to finish scoring this project. Anyway, long story short, since this is the first official release of MIR, I would like to know if it is stable, and reliable enough to work with. BTW, for now I intend to run it on Vista. Thanks

•  I was a beta tester and I don't remember a single freeze with vista 64.

According to the first Murphy's Law: "If something can go wrong, it will." 

So go with MIR and Windows 7 and you will save a lot of time!

(I still use Vista because I am so lazy....)

• Thanks Sergino, I will consider the possibility of using Windows 7 then. Do you know how the processor scheduling should be set in the OS? I am having a MIR exclusive workstation, therefore my DAW and all other non VSL plugins, will be hosted on other dedicated workstations.