Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,917 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vienna Suite user patches

1. I'm moving my my rig over to a new boot partition and I need to copy over my user VS patches, only I can't find where they are kept. They're not in the shared folder where the VSL Custom Data is located. 

2. Also, when I'm loading in patches for the EQ, the scroll window for factory patches won't scroll all the way down to the bottom. I have try and coax it down low enough to see what's there, or grab the top part of what ever name is at the bottom of the window. And if the patches with longer names have the names cut off. The scroll window doesn't allow for the longer names (factory ones, not even talking about my own) This looks to be a bug, maybe someone could check into it. 

This is on XP sp2 by the way. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Tripit said:

1. I'm moving my my rig over to a new boot partition and I need to copy over my user VS patches, only I can't find where they are kept. They're not in the shared folder where the VSL Custom Data is located. 

Hello

Did you checked the right folder?

The default path for the Preset Folder is:

Windows XP:
    Documents and Settings/[YourName]/Application Data/Vienna Suite Presets/[PluginName]

[YourName] is the name you’re logged in with at the computer.

Windows Vista:
    [YourName]/Appdata/Roaming/Vienna Suite Presets/[PluginName]
    [YourName] is the name you’re logged in with at the computer.

OS X:

[Macintosh HD]/Shared Items/Vienna Suite Presets/[PluginName]
    [Macintosh HD] is the name of the harddisk the operating system is installed on.

Hope that helps

Best, Beat

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • Thanks Beat. I must have over looked them. I'll try looking again. 

• Appdata doesn't show up anywhere on either my XP boot or my Win7 boot drive. 

•  its the same here as well...the folder described simply is nowhere to be found on my Vista PC.

• on my VISTA installation the folder is labeled Program Data ...

and you might need to set your folder settings to *show hidden files* ... and while you're there uncheck the *hide known extensions*

VISTA Program Data

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks, the "show hidden files" brought up both the VSL folder in the program data as well as the App data in my user folder. 

But something is strange here. ProgramData/VSL only has one folder - "VSL Convolution Reverb", containing only the factory presets.

Where are the rest? No EQ, Comp, anything else. 

Also, the AppData/Roaming has folders for other programs like Ploque, but no VSL there either. 

So, where are the user presets hiding? 

• On Vista, you will find the user presets in this directory:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Vienna Suite Presets

The factory presets are compiled into the plugins themselves, and cannot be accessed from the filesystem. What you find in the "VSL Convolution Reverb" directory are just the impulses themselves, not the actual presets.

• Hi Martin

My question may not be in the correct topic here but can you confirm that the same preset file can be used with a MAC and a PC?

In other Words: When I save a preset with a PC is possible then to load and use it as a MAC user as well? 

Best, Beat

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • last edited
    last edited

@Beat Kaufmann said:

Hi Martin

My question may not be in the correct topic here but can you confirm that the same preset file can be used with a MAC and a PC?

In other Words: When I save a preset with a PC is possible then to load and use it as a MAC user as well? 

Best, Beat

Just giving this a bump as I would like to know the answer as well. Can we interchange between Mac and PC for users patches? 

• Sorry for not replying sooner, but the answer is YES.