Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,776 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Syncrosoft problems worsening

Hi:

I continue to have problems with Syncrosoft telling me that 'no valid license can be found...' This forces me to reboot and is becoming really tiresome. I have the latest reinstalled the latest syncrosoft and I am running OS X 10.5.7. The normal number of failures is currently at least one a day. I just had to do four reboots before it worked. Help.

Michael

Macbook Pro

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB RAM

• I found some small help in plugging the dongle directly into the computer rather than in a hub.  I read this suggestion somewhere on this forum.  I think it's odd that the Synchrosoft website seems so out of date, as if they've stopped supporting the software.  

• last edited
    last edited

michael - have you already repaired permissions on your system volume? that helps with most issues ...

john, syncrosoft is now www.elicenser.net and they released a new LCC version actually 1 week ago ...

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

michael - have you already repaired permissions on your system volume? that helps with most issues ...

john, syncrosoft is now www.elicenser.net and they released a new LCC version actually 1 week ago ...

christian

Thanks for that info! Hopefully they'll keep it updated (as Snow Leopard is approaching).  

• LCC (License Control Center) is now (or soon) renamed to eLCC (eLicenser Control Center) and already compatible to 10.6

• Christian:

Thanks. I will try this. I may not have done it after installing the new LCC.

Michael

• Thanks, John.

Yes, I already have it plugged directly into the computer. I have had difficulties with hubs before.

Michael

• Hi Christian:

Ok, I have repaired permissions, double checked to make sure I have the latest LCC, and am still getting the message that a proper license cannot be found.

What shall I do?

Michael

• last edited
    last edited

@michael.matthews said:

Hi:

I continue to have problems with Syncrosoft telling me that 'no valid license can be found...' This forces me to reboot and is becoming really tiresome. I have the latest reinstalled the latest syncrosoft and I am running OS X 10.5.7. The normal number of failures is currently at least one a day. I just had to do four reboots before it worked. Help.

Michael

Macbook Pro

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB RAM

I have the same problem. I constantly get the can't find the license error. Although, now I just reopen V server again after the error, and without rebooting and usually on the second try it works. I'm on a MacPro 8 core 10.5.11, the latest version of Syncrosoft, whatever that is. Permissions aren't a factor here either. I repair them and run maintenance scripts regularly. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

I have the same problem. I constantly get the can't find the license error. Although, now I just reopen V server again after the error, and without rebooting and usually on the second try it works. I'm on a MacPro 8 core 10.5.11, the latest version of Syncrosoft, whatever that is. Permissions aren't a factor here either. I repair them and run maintenance scripts regularly. 

I´d recommend to update to Mac OS 10.5.7 unless you know for sure that it is incompatible with any other applications or plug-in´s you have installed. I didn´t have the problems you mentioned since I updated to OS 10.5.7.

/Regards

• Hi Maya:

I do have 10.5.7 and I continue to have these problems.

Regards,

Michael

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

I´d recommend to update to Mac OS 10.5.7 unless you know for sure that it is incompatible with any other applications or plug-in´s you have installed. I didn´t have the problems you mentioned since I updated to OS 10.5.7.

/Regards

Thanks Maya, I wish I could. I do have a boot drive with 10.5.6, but until some other products get their Leopard problems sorted out i.e. DP6 and PT8, I'm stuck in Tiger for the time being. 

• Hi.

What are the problems with PT8?  I use it with 10.5.7, and all is smooth.  I did have a problem with the Reason connection, but after removing the PT plugin for Rewire it's working well.  I am mostly learning and using Sibelius for the time being, but 10.5.7 is not causing any issues in my experience so far.

There are some plugin things that seem to cause an issue, at least that's what I've read on various sites.  I've not tried DP6, so I can't speak to that.

• last edited
    last edited

@dayadon said:

Hi.

What are the problems with PT8?  I use it with 10.5.7, and all is smooth.  I did have a problem with the Reason connection, but after removing the PT plugin for Rewire it's working well.  I am mostly learning and using Sibelius for the time being, but 10.5.7 is not causing any issues in my experience so far.

There are some plugin things that seem to cause an issue, at least that's what I've read on various sites.  I've not tried DP6, so I can't speak to that.

I can't run really heavy VSI counts in PT8 like I can in PT7 - due to certain plug in issues, but mostly the issue for me lies with DP6 and DAE 8. Until Motu fixes DP6 to work with DAE8 and certain other plug GUI issues are solved, I'm stuck in Tiger. 

• yeah, I've had this problem too for ages now. Latest license, dongles directly into computer. OSX 10.5.7 MacPro 2x3GHz quad cores, 20GB RAM

It seems to be fairly random, but regular.

I get a white square appear usually behind the ve window which if i leave for long enough (an hour or more) it will come up with an LCC error that one of the libraries cannot be found, syncrosoft error, update lcc.

Often I get this after closing 1 project in logic and trying to open another, or opening a project with more than 1 instance of ve.

I used to reboot, but it seems that if you quit all vienna related software in activity monitor, it will work fine 90% of the time when you restart the apps, and the rest it will find no licenses at all, so repair and reboot is necessary. But it is annoying. Seems to be worse when a deadline is approaching!

• last edited
    last edited

@rososound said:

if i leave for long enough (an hour or more)

this rather sounds like beeing related to energy saving settings (either the disk or the USB device)

christian

• whilst I have the sleep off, i did have the disk on 'turn off whenever possible' I just noticed, I have no idea why I would have left that checked, as that would not help anything...! Are there any setting for usb devices connected directly to the computer?

I'll keep an eye on this, but even if a syncrsoft message appears in the white box, the project will still not load, there is only an 'abort' option.

I just leave projects open for days on end now, once they're loaded, there are no problems (from vsl anyway, kontakt sometimes doesn't play nicely)

• not allowing the disk to be turned off should help (in most cases only occures with firewire disks)

hth, christian

• HI

I am having a major problem with elcc new version

I am using 2 comps 1 intel 8  core with snow leopard 10.6.1 and other is ppc 2.5. quad with 10.4.11

on 8 core its giving a problem some times but on pcc with 10.4.11 as soon as i open vsl i crashes i have tried doing everything including license updates but does not work properly....

I tried deleting the elcc and install the older lcc version but the computer does no install it

I am in a middle of m projects...

• Hi amarmohile,

VE PRO does not run on Tiger. You need 10.5 or newer in any case.

A new eLCC version is in preparation and should be available soon!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL