Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• Fair warning before buying Download versions would have been appreciated!!!!

It's one thing to say that a user will have to download several gigabytes to use the program. It would have been REALLY nice to know beforehand that just to download SE Strings (for example) involves downloading 73 different files!! With no bulk download utility available, this means HOURS (Days?) of just sitting in front of my computer launching downloads before I'll have all of SE downloaded! Had I known that, I would have ordered the discs and waited. I assume, there is no chance of changing my mind now and requesting discs instead? Beyond frustrated.

• Hello dinosaur,

you can always contact sales (at) vsl (dot) co (dot) at, we will see what we can do for you. Did you already download the licenses onto your ViennaKey?

Please include as much information as possible with your mail to our sales team!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • the special edition is also available as DVD product, not only splitted into instrument sections as download.

the product information tells you the download size:

SE DL prodtable

you can use a download manager to schedule the download in the background or over night,

having split the installer files allows to repeat the download for less data in case your connection is interrupted or a file became corrupt during the download - repeating a download of 8 GB wouldn't be too funny ....

most download managers allow resuming an interrupted download, but unfortunately they all are cooking their own soup for batch-downloads ...

christian

EDIT: just having read your iLok post i have updated the picture ...

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • OOoo... a download manager that could get past their "download" buttons would be sweet! Any suggestions as to a particular download manager that would work? (I didn't have a problem with the download size, it was just the number of files that needed to be individually downloaded.)
    Many Thanks!
    Ron

• last edited
    last edited

any hint to your operating system? for windows i prefer the free download manager which allows to schedule consecutively numbered files or links ... with OS X i usually rely on safari's built-in download capabilities but www.versiontracker.com would give you a large assortment of downloadmanagers.

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks much Christian! I'll check out FDM (Yes, using windows, sorry I didn't specify).