Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,759 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vienna Suite discrimination

I have noticed that the new Convolution Reverb will load .wav files but not .aif files.

[:@]

This is blatant discrimination against Mac users with our many aif files.

(Okay....I'm only half-joking)

Please fix this in an update.

•  file - save as - .wav (note: 4 channels, canonical format)

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

file - save as - .wav (note: 4 channels, canonical format)

Thanks, but I'm not sure what you mean...

- "save as"... in what app?

(Sure, one can convert files somehow, but it would be nice if VS accepted more than just .wav's)

- Canonical format - where can I find info on this format?

Normal stereo .wav IR files also seem to load. Are these not "as good" as 4 channel files? There is not really enough info in the Vienna Suite manual about file types etc. All the functions are mentioned but more detail would definitely be welcome.

Regards - Colin

• configure the file in your preferred audio editor - then save the file as 4 channel wave (no nifty extended format)

more details here http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/p/21522/147166.aspx#147166

a convolution engine cannot *understand* any audio format you could *throw on it* - some rules apply ;-)

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks Christian. I obviously need to learn some more about convolution reverb and IR's......

I appreciate your replies.

Regards - Colin

•  Well, i must agree... its kinda clumsy and awkward having to do it "manually" it would be a very needed addition to just load up 2 stereofiles and have the plugin "do it " for you.

Personally, i only have Cubase4 and Adobe Audition, and neither has a easy way of making a 4 channel wav.

I dont even think Audition can do it, and in cubase you have to export the audio out as a 4 channel wav, only after configuring the outputbusses to allow for a multichannel file first.

So ...i guess its not as easy as "Save as..."....? At least, i didnt figure it out in an obvious way, but then again...im a complete moron when it comes to anything else than stereo....:P