Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• FCP and Suite-Problem

Hello people,

since I installed Leopard Final Cut Pro doesn´t load anymore because of the Venna Suite licences. I downloaded the newsest Syncrosoft-Licencer but FCP stops loading. What am I doing wrong?

Best wishes Alfred

• last edited
    last edited

i remember this is an issue related to AU (the AU component of FCP tries to load or validate the VI/VE/VS plugin and fails), IIRC there is a trick to tell FCP to not use this AU plugin ...

christian

edit: it appears the solution was found in this post

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Hello Christian,

thanks for the fast reply and the advice. If I remove the VSL from the AU folder in the library/audio/plugins - folder and put it somewhere else - can I still use the suite in Logic pro then? I´m afraid to puzzle my whole system. At the moment I cannot work with FCP and that´s a pity.

Alfred

•  the post i referred to indicates you can - maybe someone from our mac support team has FCP installed and can have a look ...

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • As I noted in another post, this is also a problem with Sibelius 5.2.5.  The Vienna Suite V1.1 keeps Sibelius from loading until the Vienna Suite AU component is removed.

• I think it has to do only with Vienna Suite because with the VI everything was ok. Where did you put the Vienna suite after removing it from the AU folder? To the desktop? Could Sibelius find the Suite there?

• Actually, it turns out it was the latest build of the VI that was preventing Sibelius from loading, not Vienna Suite.  I just dragged to my desk top.  It also prevented DP 6.02 from loading.  Then I put it back and DP worked OK the second time.  I'm booting up Sibelius right now.....and.....

Seems that Sibelius is OK too.  So I'm not sure what happened.  Maybe I needed to run the Directory Manager first (which I didn't do the first time around?).  I guess we'll never know.  But all is well here now.