Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Imperial Grand strikes

Hi, I'm using the Boesendorfer in Logic Pro 8. Last time I opened my recent project the piano notes lasted only about half a second and were then cut down. Reloading the song let the piano sounds disappear competely. Any idea anyone what the problem is and how to solve it? Thanks, Martin

•  welcome martin,

i'd say if a *reboot / repair permissions* cycle doesn't solve the problem try to trash logic's preferences ...

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks for your answer. But, uhm, I could not find any logic preferences on my Mac nor do I know how to perform a "reboot/repair permissions" routine. Would you be so kind to get a little bit more precise? Maybe I'm just dumb... sorry Martin

• Problem solved. I had been just so mean to put the VSL folder into the logic "software instruments" folder! Now it's back on the desktop and everything works fine again. Uuuuh, these software mysteries...

• where exaxtly the locic preferences reside depends on the version AFAIK.

reboot = neu starten, repair permissions = Anwendungen Hilfsprogramme - Festplattenhilfsprogramm, dort das System Volume auswählen, Berechtigungen überprüfen/ reparieren.

you need not to have the sample content in a specific place (in fact it should actually reside on a seperate fast harddisk) - the directory manager is holding the references to the location you decided to store those files.

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.