Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• Problem with cubase 4 and vienna suite.

I downloaded the demo with the serial & the activation code. I installed it, no problem, and i installed the SyncrosoftLicenseControl. But when i started cubase 4, this message appear : -Syncrosoft License Control - Error The Application 'Vienna Suite MCFACT' has caused the following error: eLicenser(s) contains(s) no valid license for this application. Someone can help me, please. Thanks.

• Run the LCC, and verify that the licence for VS is actually on the dongle. Assuming it is, then:

1. Remove the dongle from the USB port
    2. Uninstall the LCC
    3. Re-boot
    4. Install the latest LCC (check the website for details)
    5. Insert dongle if and when told to do so
    6. Re-boot (just for safety if using Windows)
    7. Launch Cubase

DG

• last edited
    last edited

welcome maho - the issue is much simpler: you have not yet downloaded the demo license to a USB eLicenser ...

from the confirmation email:

@Another User said:

Launch the Syncrosoft License Control Center, go to "Wizards" and  choose "License Download". In the License Download Routine, you will  be asked to paste your Activation Code into the Activation Code Window.

hth, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • So I only needed to type the first sentence? Never mind, at least I showed those stubborn Safari users what they are missing....!

DG

• well, IMO nothing related to safari, only to reading supplementing text or not .... but there is indeed an additional point which should not be overlooked in certain situations:

installing cubase 4 updates (at least the major ones) always also install a license control center - unfortunately this procedure does not check if already a newer version of LCC is on the computer.

so astonishingly one could get *license not recognized* messages actually after the update since most VSL licenses are newer than cubase 4 and not included in the database of older LCCs ...

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks for the solutions. i'll try it. I just want to know if it's okay if i've just the dongle steinberg, or if i need to buy an other dongle.

• Cool, everything work. Thanks all, Maho.