Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VSL slowing down on new releases?

For sure VSL has the tiger by the tail on MIR - but as far as NEW sample library releases - they seem to be slowing down the last year or so.  IMHO.

Of course they will not divulge future release plans (timetable) - but really looking forward to the choir and possible ethnic woodwinds.

Rob

• Possibly a breather from sampling costs!

I wonder if a full blown choir will ever see the light of day? It is maybe the case that things like legato can't be made to work realistically enough (the Soprano's legato does not perhaps match the realism of say violins) and that a fully sampled choir may not be good enough (yet) for the VSL brand? Also, although perhaps realistic of many choirs!, the tuning across the sopranos just seemed a little .....

Julian

• last edited
    last edited

@julian said:

Possibly a breather from sampling costs!

I wonder if a full blown choir will ever see the light of day? It is maybe the case that things like legato can't be made to work realistically enough (the Soprano's legato does not perhaps match the realism of say violins) and that a fully sampled choir may not be good enough (yet) for the VSL brand? Also, although perhaps realistic of many choirs!, the tuning across the sopranos just seemed a little .....

Julian

A decent choir would be great, but if it's not much better than the pretty poor offerings that are already in existence, then I'm glad that it hasn't been released yet.

Sorry for the OT.

DG

• DG - good point.   So you think the next level is in 'software' (for VSL)  - musical control of existing samples?   Anything to help us with 'workflow' would be appreciated.

Rob

• As for myself, and I know I'm dreaming, I wish one day we could have for example, 3 trumpets solos playing different part (quite what we already have) but it comes to have the same line for each to get a perfect merging of the 3 trumpets as a group without loading any 3-trumpets samples.

As you know, when you layer trumpets (or any other instruments) the texture is very far from what it should sound, then you have to use extra samples and it gets tougher for mixing...

I hope to be clear enough! :)