Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Update Vista64 with Windows7 RC1

I just updated my Vista64 PC running Ensemble3 with Windows7 RC1 and after doing some test I can say it seems to work really well, the system feels much more responsible than with vista. With vista I always had trouble with the network connection, windows7 solved it for me. The update procedure was smooth, I only had to update the eLicencer software. Everything else worked instantly. I read that from now on microsoft recommends anyone to switching to Windows7 RC1 instead of vista. 

Of course I duplicated the vista partition before the update so I could go back in case of trouble.

• last edited
    last edited

i can only full heartedly agree - the network (searching) has been improved, though copying little files could be better (still much slower than with XP)

from another source i received an important information about an issue i didn't run into so far:

@Another User said:

Just in case you are going to run the Win7 RC with a firewire interface make sure you "update" the Firewire driver to "legacy driver" (it is also included. Else allmost all Firewire interfaces fail to work due to a new FW stack.

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.