Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,417 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,786 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Hi Paul.  You sent me the link to that internal build probably a month ago but I was in the middle of a project and didn't have time to risk the update.  Now I can't seem to find the email you sent me.  Could you send the link again?

Thanks for the help,

Tim

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Tim,

I have resent the mail. But the latest official version of VE/VI takes care of this already [:)]

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • How odd that I just realized I am getting this popping and crackling randomly too.  I don't recall having this before but my latest project certainly has it.  The Cello will out of nowhere pop, like you were turning on a microphone phantom power supply.  Everything is so stable after a long bout of instability, I am a bit afraid to update to the new versions.  Although the voice of upgrade is calling to me night and day since it appeared in my software download user area last week lol.

Maestro2be

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul. Thanks - I got that other link to VE 2.0 beta build 3758 and I think it will work fine.

But just to let you know, when I follow your link above to "latest official version of VE/VI" on the Vienna website, it takes me to this page (http://vsl.co.at/en/68/428/1093.vsl) and it seems to show VE 2.0.3711 as the most recent version. That's the version I've already had installed for a while that isn't working correctly.

But thanks for the help with the other beta link - it's appreciated.

Tim

• Hi Tim,

that´s strange, 4017 is the latest version for OS X, and 4131 for PC. Did you empty the cache of your browser recently?

Best,

Paul

• Hey Paul.  I just emptied the cache in my browser and got the same result.  But now I see what the problem is.  The web page I go to - http://vsl.co.at/en/68/428/1093.vsl - has a version history listed on the right side and it looks like it hasn't been updated in a while.  It still shows VE version 2.0.3711 as the most recent version (at least for me it's coming up that way).  It's only after I click on "Vienna Ensemble 2" on the left that I see the most recent version, 2.0.4017 for Mac, as available for download.  I never thought to check on any other page once I saw the version history listed on the first page, the software products overview page.

I just downloaded the latest build now, though, so all is well.  Thanks again for your help.

Tim

• Aaaaah,

now I know what you mean - the changelog on the right hand side has not been updated.

Sorry. We´ll catch up asap!

Best,

Paul

• Hello, I use The Special edition in Sonar LE (AMD 2,6 GHz dualcore, 4GB ram, GeForce 9800 GFX 512 MB, Windows XP). The latest version of VE2 (version 4131) makes the noise, too. It is totally unusable for me. It seems that the problem with noise still isn´t solved. I am forced to use one instance of Vienna Instruments for each track. Problem is that Sonar don't allow me to load more than 8 instances of VST plugins. The result is: I am restricted to only eight instruments in the project! Does anybody else have the same problem?? A.R.

• My apologies! The problem with the noise is solved. VE2 works great for me. The problem was in the settings in my midi sequencer! A.R.