Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Program Changes in Vienna Instruments

Hello,

I'm trying a new method of working and am moving away from key switches and toward program changes.
    My question is:

Is Vienna Instruments capable of reacting to program changes?

Thanks in advance.

B

• Hello Bradley,

yes, you can switch between matrices with program changes 101-112 [:)]

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hey, I never knew that.....! What about within a matrix, is that possible? I'm thinking about a scenario where it would mean that every patch in your template was available with only one command, rather than one for the matrix and one for the patch.

DG

• Dear VSL

It will be great in the new VE/VI if :

- you could implement program changes from 0 to 127 and to allow to change matrix and performance

- have colored keyboard's keys for Key-switches and note range

Best

Cyril

• Hi,

as always: We need and want to keep it as simple as possible!

The problem with the key switches and note ranges is a question of processing power: Every keyswitch must refresh the GUI in this case, which would add quite some processing power....

But let´s see what makes sense with VE PRO.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi,

as always: We need and want to keep it as simple as possible!

The problem with the key switches and note ranges is a question of processing power: Every keyswitch must refresh the GUI in this case, which would add quite some processing power....

Best,

Paul

Program changes would make things very simple for some people. Combinations of  2 layers of keyswitches and also controllers just to change patches is potentially more complicated. I've rather outgrown that and need to move towards something that is more elegant, such as using a Lemur.

However, I wouldn't want anything that increases the resources needed to run VE. Already when an empty instance is loaded I can see the GUI CPU monitor racing up and down. [:(]

DG

• Thanks Paul,

B

Edit: Once again you beat me to it...[:@]

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

But let´s see what makes sense with VE PRO.

Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• last edited
    last edited

@Ramu said:

Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, 

Today I do that In Logic, converting program changes to key-switch but it will be so much better if that was done inside VI/VE

Best

Cyril