Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,476 threads and 255,916 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vienna Crashes My Graphics Card in Sibelius

Any idea why Vienna SE would crash my computer inside Sibelius 5.2.5? When I'm working with the program as a plug in after five to ten minutes my 30" Apple Cinema Screen goes black. have to unplug and restart my Mac Pro 2.8 Quad Core late 2007 Intel 6gig RAM.   to get the screen back. This only happens with Vienna SE. I can work with Kontakt and Kontakt Player 2.5 as plug-ins no problem. Thoughts?

•  it is actually impossible SE (what is not a program but data only) or VE (what i'm assuming you're using with sibelius) does crash your grafics card ... btw: what model is it?

what i could think of: beyond a certain amount of used memory there are no longer enough GUI ressources available for your large display area - depending on what you are loading in kontakt you possibly stay below such a limit there ...

how much RAM has your grafic card and is is actually specified for the 30" display? at which resolution and refresh rate are you working, double check proper cabeling just for security ...

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Christian

It's the Radeon HD 2600 Graphics Card that came with the Mac. 256K,

2500 x1600 32 bit color resolution

It is the standard calibration for Mac 30" Cinema Displays with this Graphics Gard

Refresh rate N/A

Cabling is good.

•  the HD 2600 is a pretty good card ... kind of clutching at a straw is the following consideration:

it supports 1920 x 1200 (Single-Link-DVI) or 2560 x 1600 (Dual-Link-DVI) ... maybe related to openGL usage your driver is *switching* the DVI connection type (erronously of course) ... another thought is overheating because of too heavy operation

unfortunately i cannot find OS X drivers on the ATI website for the HD 2600 at all (strange, isn't it?) but maybe the apple software update gives you some results ...

i know it is inconvenient to work, but does that also appear with a reduced resolution of the display?

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Christian,

I'm going to try a reduced resolution and see if that helps anything.

Thanks!

Keith

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on