Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Vienna Ensemble in CUBASE ...

Hello everyone ,

At the moment I only use Vienna Instruments in CUBASE because I still not understand how to configure VE in CUBASE, the problem is that if I want to open as VST instrument a VE ,even if I put 16 VI in VE I will obtain the sound of the first instrument only , how to do with the 15 other VI in VE ???

Thank You for Your lights ...

• last edited
    last edited

@Pro-Arte said:

Hello everyone ,

At the moment I only use Vienna Instruments in CUBASE because I still not understand how to configure VE in CUBASE, the problem is that if I want to open as VST instrument a VE ,even if I put 16 VI in VE I will obtain the sound of the first instrument only , how to do with the 15 other VI in VE ???

Thank You for Your lights ...

1. You need to make sure that you load VE via the VST Instrument rack (F11)
    2. You need to make sure that each instrument in VE has its own MIDI Channel
    3. You need to make sure that each MIDI track in your project is routed to VE and has the correct MIDI channel number.

DG

•  Thank You ,

This I got , but how can I put pre-fader  ( narrow / far effect ) on each separate instrument as I did when I do without VE as show on the project provided by VSL team... What can I do is just put pre fader in the global VE ???

• If you make sure that each Instrument in VE has a different output (you can have 16 per instance) then you can do any audio processing you like in Cubase.

DG

•  Ok I will try it tonight , so it seems be only a question of outputs , I will check it ...Thank you .

I did a try in vain, I tryed in VI to put HW in 1/2 ,3/4 and 5/6 but it remain to just have the first instrument ... where do I have to route the 2 others VI ? Can you send a Cubase project that I can clearly understand ???

Thank You

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Pro-Arte,

a look in the Vienna Ensemble Manual might help [:)]

The last chapter is called "Routing"...

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  •  Thank You Paul, I will study it .

- It ( of course !!! ) works !

Again,  thank You !!!   [:D]