Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Sluggish Interface after update to VE 3452

Hello folks. Just this week i updated my Vienna Ensemble to the newest version 3452 (i was on 32-something just before) and now all the info in the VE interface windows is noticeably sluggish. When i click on any tab, any menu, any little [+] box to open a sub menu of presets, there is now a lag of about 1/2 second to 1 full second. It's tremendously annoying.

I opened a standard Vienna INSTRUMENT in Logic and i do NOT get the lag; it runs smoothly as always, instant reaction to clicks. But in VE it is now always doing this. Even when i open up a new default instance (with only Master Bus and one Instrument channel) it still does this! Is this a known glitch? Anyone else experience any changes since the update? It cant be a RAM issue, as i noted it does this even on a first startup with empty template. And seeing as how VI runs fine (in Logic) i dont see how its a problem with my computer stats. Please help! I'd rather go back to a previous version if it remains this way, but there are no archives of older software build on the VSL website.

For the record, PowerMac G5 Dual 2.5Ghz

OSX 10.4.11

8 Gigs of RAM.

Logic 7.2

Help!

> michael

• Hi Michael

This problem's already been reported and I believe VSL are working on a fix.

Colin

• So is there any estimate of when there might be even the tiniest update to address this? This glitch is killing my workflow >:(