Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,766 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 35 new user(s).

• Sound ID for Flugel

Andy

Could I possibly use your help again?!

I've fashioned a "passable" flugel sound by messing with the EQs on the VSl cornet sound (not ideal but it will do for mock ups)

I've tried creating an instrument for flugel in the soundeditor and then in the playback dictionary assigned the technique "flugel" to the sound ID (or at least I  think I have), made a channel for that instrument and assigned the sound ID to that channel in playback devices....

But when I try to change to flugel mide score (as you would in a brass group) it doesn't trigger that channel.

Any idea what step I may have missed out??

Thanks again for your invaluable help!

steve

• Hi Steve!

I would do it the following way:
    Create a program in the sound set for Flugelhorn with the Sound ID "brass.trumpets.flugel horn", Volume type "Expression", Attack type "NoteOnVelocity" and Switch type "Winds High" (for the VE Woodwind+Brass sound set) or "Winds" (for the Special Edition sound sets)
    In Sibelius use the instrument Flugelhorn and on the Manual Sound Sets page use the program Flugelhorn you created before and a distinct channel.
    Then in Vienna Ensemble you can use the Cornet (or Trumpet or whatever) with your EQ settings.
    If you want to change to Flugelhorn from a different instrument make an instrument change (Create/Other/Instrument change). You don't have to enter anything in the dictionary.

Best wishes,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on