Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VE3 over Network Crashes when Loading Project

I know this problem has been discussed before - has there been any progress in getting it resolved?

Recap: quite frequently when I load a project that uses networed VE3, the VE3 instance on the slave crashes (my main DAW is Cubase under Vista 64 and my slaves are XP64).  So I have to re-load VE3 and go back and manually reconnect all of the VE3 instances.  This takes a lot of time...

It doesn't happen every time; maybe half the time.  I'm resurrecting this question because it's a particular pain for a cue I'm working right now...

Thanks,

rgames

• Hi rgames,

sorry to hear about this.... unfortunately we cannot reproduce this behaviour here.

Could it be that your hardware has a part in all this - it seems like you are running into a lot of troubles from time to time, so maybe that´s the culprit.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • It was a known issue when I first asked a few months back - maybe it's been forgotten?  :)  Here's the original thread: http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/p/20490/141759.aspx#141759. I originally thought that Cubase was crashing when the slave VE3 crashed but it turns out it was just locking up and sitting there.  If I wait a few minutes, Cubase eventually comes back to life.  I also thought it was originally related to my software KVM (Kavoom) but I got rid of that and VE3 still crashes.

Here's someone else with the same problem: http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/p/20964/143919.aspx#143919

It could definitely be my hardware.  My hardware is barebones and standard: ASUS motherboard, Core2Duo processors.  I'm using the network connection on the ASUS motherboard.  The slave machines run nothing but VE3.

However, I will point out that when I was having MIDI problem with VE2 and I bought all new hardware to match what you guys were using, it turned out to be a software problem that was fixed in an update ;)

Thanks for the help,

rgames

•  Any suggestions here?

Thanks,

rgames