Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,816 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• VE 2.0.3452 Problems with DP6.02

Hi everyone,

Everything was running smoothly in DP 5.13 with VE 2.0.3268(or something like that). My current film project is in 23.976fps wich forces me to update to DP6...

Doing this broke the harmony between VE2 and DP and VE2 2.0.3268 would never pass the AU Validation. I installed the latest version of VE2 and it passed. 

But, now when i route a midi track to VE and put it in record mode, everything works perfectly. Unarming the midi track assigned to VE causes it to do a Project Save then a reload and then the Vienna Instrument window disappears and playback becomes completely erratic. Re-arming the VE Midi track, causes yet again a project save and reload of the samples and everything plays great. 

For obvious reasons i can't let the VE track in record all the time...

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

Best regards,

Claude

• Hi Claude - 

Try this and see if it helps...

Go to Digital Performer menu -> Preferences... -> Audio Plug-Ins, and change the Plug-in real-time preference to Virtual Instruments in real-time for the current project.

For me, this stops the annoying saving addiction that DP has!

Hope it works!

Cheers,

Graham

• Hi Graham,

i think you're on to something. I'm home right now so i'll have to check out your solution tomorrow at the studio...What are the advantages/disadvantages of the pre-gen mode in DP6?

Ah! if only we didn't need these dongles i could check this out now right at home. But that's a whole other topic.

Thanks a lot Graham!

Best,

Claude

• Hi Claude -

I believe the pre-gen capability is to reduce CPU usage during playback and/or latency if you need to playback and record at the same time. For me, the main benefit to setting virtual instruments to real time is it doesn't do that pesky save every time you breathe! :-)

Cheers,

Graham

• Hi Graham,

in the studio this morning and Bingo, you where right.

Thank you sir!

Claude

• Cool! I'm glad it worked.