Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,590 users have contributed to 42,243 threads and 254,862 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Velocity Cell Switching

Hi,

Consider this scenario:

Using the 8 velocity colours for piano roll notes in Logic Pro 8, I'd like to switch between 8 cells in an instance of VI.

1 - When setting cell switching as Velocity in VI, the velocity 'slices' don't go up to max 127, just to 100?

2 - Just setting up a couple of the above mentioned velocity slices, the tracking in VI seems to be askew, for example when only using 2 cells and vel cross point at 50, sending out a vel of 57 from Logic triggers the selection of the *first* cell, i.e. that should respond to vels 1-49?

Have I missed something or is this due to be fixed in a later release?

Thanks

• Dolon,

Midi system use 0-127

VSL system use 0-100

Midi 64 means VSL 50

Midi 127 means VSL 100

VoilĂ 

• Migot -

Of course! So obvious now you've pointed it out... :) , thanks for such a swift reply. The slices in VI match up perfectly with Logic's colours now...joy beyond measure....

Cheers

d

• So the bigger question is why-oh-why is it 0-100 in VI when MIDI is 0-127? If you have more than 3 or 4 things you want to switch between this creates a nightmare of error-prone guess work to get your automation curves correct in the DAW. Unless someone knows how to configure DP or Logic to display a range of 0 -100 for CC data???