Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,517 users have contributed to 42,236 threads and 254,833 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 23 new post(s) and 41 new user(s).

• The Stravinsky Experience...

last edited
    last edited

I did some research and I got interested in Stravinsky composing techniques.

Then I just began and I found both special editions are flexible enough already for composing a Stravinskyesque piece. (I composed it being a school assignment for a short dancefilm )

Just wondering what people here would think about Expressionism realised with vienna instruments.

Without VSL I would dare trying to do it virtually...

Bart Delissen - Manoeuvres

Greetings, Bart

bartdelissen@gmail.com

• Hi Bart.

Very well written and arranged....will give that one a good few listens.

Colin

•  Nicely done. You have given the Stravinsky experience. I thinik VSL works very well for pieces like this. You've given me courage to try a piece which I've always wanted to mockup with VSL -- smaller but still.... (because the solo instruments are so good) --Shoenberg's Kammersymphonie No. 1. 

Mahlon

• I think with Vienna Instruments this is possible to do it quite convincing. Vienna Instruments are the only libraries that I'm aware of, with so much realism up to the 'naked' [:P] solo instruments, they practically don't need any form of masking... And that's where the link between virtual orchestration and conventional 'classical' orchestration is growing stronger....

So I think this mockup could be done quite well!

Bart Delissen

• Bart,

I enjoyed this piece a lot. It's a Stravinsky mosaic. The opening reminds me of his Song of the Nightingale, but the rest is like a distilled Rite of Spring.

Marko

• Thanks for the kinds words, I'm really thinking of doing this style more often...

Bart

• Enjoyed the piece, which VSL are you using, and wow..sounds fantasitica also. What is your background. Thanks.

• Thanks for the reaction! :)

I used The special edition bundle... and some fanfare trumpets download. I have a rather orchestral background as playing the oboe. Currently I am studying media composition in the Netherlands...

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on