Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,454 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,802 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@bobulusbillman said:

I find the speaker placement feature in Altiverb pretty good at placing instruments three dimensionally in a concert hall

Hm ... as an avowed fan of AltiVerb I have to admit that this is its only feature that always failed to convince me.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  Hey Dietz - I have always had my predelays on the tails 40ms-50-60 (front to back) - but flipped them per your post.   I must say I do like it.

Thanks and all the best,

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

I have opened a discussion on my most recent mix, to which some of your suggestions have been applied. Please lend me your ears, guys! Be gentle, but honest. If that combination is possible at all. 😉

Thanks a lot!
    Heiko

• Jumping in a little late in this thread... I'll add this to the top-roll-off suggestion: Rather than just cutting highs, I find it sometimes helps to decrease the presence, which means cutting around 4-6 kHz with a rather wide Q. Timpani benefit trememdously from it, for instance; without it, they sound like the conductor is standing on top of them. :-P

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Hm ... as an avowed fan of AltiVerb I have to admit that this is its only feature that always failed to convince me.

Same here. 

• and what about this plug : KickHaas VST

Maybe it will help!

http://www.sknote.it/

• Thanks. Looks interesting. Definitely worth a try! Though the band in the audiodemo sounds a lot like me playing in the bathroom. ;)

Cheers, Heiko