Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,762 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,922 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Faster trills

Hi VSL'ers,

Would anyone else like to see faster trills?  Love the prerecorded trills, but, well, they're only one speed, and most of them a bit on the slow side.  I do know there are the perf-trill patches - just wondering if anyone else would be interested in faster trills.

Peter

• last edited
    last edited

@plurye said:

Hi VSL'ers,

Would anyone else like to see faster trills?  Love the prerecorded trills, but, well, they're only one speed, and most of them a bit on the slow side.  I do know there are the perf-trill patches - just wondering if anyone else would be interested in faster trills.

Peter

I'm perfectly fine with the perf-trill, but then again, I'm not doing a lot of music that requires trills. Instead of resources being put into something like more static trills, I would much rather see improvement in other areas. It would be nice to see some more balancing of sections so they reflect the same articulations.

It would be nice to see some new developments in scripting, especially for time or tempo related performance patches (maybe a tempo lock trill?) Maybe something that gives us cc control for adjusting long glissandos or crescendos if possible. Or something like speed on K2 where you could have scale runs or trills that would automatically run in the session tempo. Getting away from static performances that lock into a certain tempo and such. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Tripit said:

Maybe something that gives us cc control for adjusting long glissandos or crescendos if possible. Or something like speed on K2 where you could have scale runs or trills that would automatically run in the session tempo. Getting away from static performances that lock into a certain tempo and such.

Yeah, I'd take that!  How does the feature you mention work in K2?

PL