Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,098 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 35 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

•  you can expect there will be an upgrade path, but please don't ask about details at the current state of affairs ;-)

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  •  Can we have some d.... mmmm, you're too fast !! [H]

Mathieu

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

you can expect there will be an upgrade path, but please don't ask about details at the current state of affairs ðŸ˜‰

christian

hmm, i feel i´m being treated unjustly... i want my question to be answered, too (cry). 😊

i´m interested in an upgrade path, too, but what about my initial question? will i be able to use mir premium with protools tdm?

•  currently no VSL product supports TDM (is this actually possible due to the nature of TDM?)

RTAS support would at least rely on true 64bit support of all components in the chain

christian

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

currently no VSL product supports TDM (is this actually possible due to the nature of TDM?)

RTAS support would at least rely on true 64bit support of all components in the chain

christian

christian, you´re probably right about tdm, and thinking of it, it would not even make much sense trying to use the dsp-farms anyway (if i think of altiverb tdm grabbing six chips and more for stereo...), and for sure there are no 12 gb of ram available there. 

rtas would be the choice then. supposed digidesign would release a 64 bit-version of pro tools, would it work then? mac 64 bit, mac os snow leopard 64 bit and that´s it - or do i miss something? i´m not a computer pro, but somehow i feel it would be a minor challenge for your skilled programmers to create a rtas-version in addition to vst/au-versions. 

my workflow usually begins with logic, then i bounce midi instruments to audio, and then do the mix in pro tools. logic is great for composing and arranging, but a pain in the ass for mixing, so i would really really appreciate if i could use mir in pro tools. 

if you don´t do it for me, do it for you and think of all those pro tools users and potential customers on the globe! 😊

•  i wouldn't call it a cooperation, but digidesign is very responsive and helpful, so driving the RTAS road is smoother than ever ...

christian

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

i wouldn't call it a cooperation, but digidesign is very responsive and helpful, so driving the RTAS road is smoother than ever ...

christian

this is good news. 

for you, too, for this means two customers in me alone. 

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

i wouldn't call it a cooperation, but digidesign is very responsive and helpful, so driving the RTAS road is smoother than ever ...

christian

I'm glad to hear that. I think that Digi seems to realize lately that they really need to pay more attention to RTAS and 3d party developers if they want it to work well in PT. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Tripit said:

I think that Digi seems to realize lately that they really need to pay more attention to RTAS and 3d party developers if they want it to work well in PT. 

I agree. RTAS is possibly the worst format on the planet for sample playback. Traditionally PT was for audio users, and composers using samples were not really considered. However, with the release of PT8 things seem to be moving on the MIDI front, and it seems to me that Digi has Logic firmly in its sights.

DG 

• (surround demos are awesome !! we'll check this for sure !!) [H]