Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Syncrosoft Key, can't upgrade due to lack of memory on USB key

Hi,

I currently have Solo Strings I (standard) and just bought the upgrade to the extended library. I'm downloading the key via my Mac Book that has web access, the daw Mac is not connected to the web. I figured this shouldn't be a problem since the Cubase and Solo Strings licenses were originally downloaded via a Windows PC and work fine on my Mac.

I received the activation key and attempted to download it to the key as per the instructions : License Control > License Download Wizard > copy.paste key.

It got about 50% of the way through before informing me that the key had insufficient memory for the the license. The new license is showing in the key, but the download is not complete so the extended library is still not available. I tried emptying the trash on the key but no luck.

I've never encountered this before, so forgive the naivity of the question - do i simply need to keep adding these keys to my computer?

I'm getting a litte ahead of myself though. Since the license is partially downloaded, i can't remove it from the key so i'm not sure i'll be able to download the license to a new key in any case. If i try to continue the download, the license control centre crashes and only seems to work if i use Upgrade License Wizard instead of the Download License.

I have Cubase, Eucon & Solo Strings Standard licenses on the key. Does it seem correct that i'd need another key with so few licenses? Is my attempt to download via a different computer causing the problem?

Any help regarding this is much appreciated -  i'm a little stuck now, though Cubase and Solo Strings Standard both seem to be working.

Kind Regards

mg

• welcome mg,

though your key has a very low serial number this is the first time we have to notice this happens with only 4 licenses ... it looks like you would need to get a more recent key and contact either vsl or syncrosoft support to complete the upgrade

sorry for the inconvenience, christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Hi CM, Quick question - with my Vienna Key am I every likely to encounter a problem like this as all my licences are on a single key and I wouldn't want to suddenly find I was stuck with an uncompleted licence download just prior to a session? Thanks! Julian PS A Happy New Year to All.

• julian, quick answer: your key serial number is higher than 590.000 so you should be save at least up to 100 licenses

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • CM,

Thanks for the information. I have purchased a new Vienna Key directly from VSL. My Current key is my original Cubase key (approx 6 yrs old!). Good to know that it can hold around 100 licenses as i can move everything over to it.

Thanks
    mg