Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,091 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• transferring license to other USB key?

Hello. I am considering transfering my VSL license to another Syncro USB key and I was wondering if anyone has done this and may or may not have had any subsequent problems. The reason I want to transfer is b/c, currently it is on the same key as my old Cubase SE3 and I want to use SE3 when I am on the road,but I do not want to run the risk of losing my VSL license (too much $$$ spent). I have another key which only has Cubase 4 on it,and that is where I want to transfer the VSL stuff.

I just thought I would check in to see if anybody has any warnings,tips, or suggestions. Also, I guess I would/should update my user profile with the new key #....correct?

Thanks,

luces

• I've done this before with the Syncrosoft transfer wizard without any problems.  You'll probably have to shut down any running apps (e.g., Cubase) that interface with the licensing functionality before the wizard will allow the transfer to proceed.

- Chris

• last edited
    last edited

please check the ViennaKey manual or watch our video about how to transfer licenses between keys

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • No problem; did it last week to prepare for selling my Arturia soft synths (which were on the same key), with no problems... even though it took awhile due to so many licenses to transfer (I wish one could do a "group select" to transfer in bulk).

This was posted at the time; there have been several recent threads on Synchrosoft.

The main point is to make sure the dongle you transfer to, is registered on your VSL account as soon as you're able. 

• Thanks fort the replies everyone. CM, I did read the manual,however, in this crazy digital world things don't always go the way that the developers had intended. So, I just thought I would get some encouragement. Thanks for the links.

luces