Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,917 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Altiverb in 64 bit VE?

Finally I got my VE 64 bit host, but sadly the next question (wich I did not see coming) arises: I prefer ADAT connection over VE3, so there are only 4 Stereo channels for diffrent altiverb depths available for my setup. That's why I would like to use altiverb on the slave PC (XP 64). But VE64 does not support the altiverb VST! I have to use VE 32, where i will be stuck with roughly 4 Gb Ram (on a 16 Gb machine). Does anybody have a sollution for this problem? I would like to open all VSL in one VE 64 host. Thanks for your time, guys. Happy new Year!

• last edited
    last edited

@fritzflotow_27429 said:

Finally I got my VE 64 bit host, but sadly the next question (wich I did not see coming) arises: I prefer ADAT connection over VE3, so there are only 4 Stereo channels for diffrent altiverb depths available for my setup. That's why I would like to use altiverb on the slave PC (XP 64). But VE64 does not support the altiverb VST! I have to use VE 32, where i will be stuck with roughly 4 Gb Ram (on a 16 Gb machine). Does anybody have a sollution for this problem? I would like to open all VSL in one VE 64 host. Thanks for your time, guys. Happy new Year!

I'm afraid that there currently is no solution. Altiverb doesn't even work in 64bit Sonar or 64bit Cubase, both of which have a wrapper for 32bit plugs. AudioEase have said that they have immediate plans for a 64bit version, so I'm afraid that unless you want to run Altiverb on your host machine, you're out of luck.

DG

• Thanks DG! I think this 64 bit change will cause some trouble for (at least) 2009, too. In the meantime I hope for a great reverb coming up for Vienna Suite. Or this was just a rumor ...