Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Advice on Special Edition with Logic

I need advice from people who can from experience, compare Vienna Special Edition to East West, Synful, Motu... to compliment Logic Studio. I'm a drummer going to soon be buying Logic with a few of the best soft intruments like Ivory & Omnisphere. Also, it seems VSL cannot run on Receptor? How much CPU does Logic and VSL SE really use?

• I just moved from QLSO Platinum to VSL
    Get VSL do not get QLSO
    Best Cyril

• VSL as such (VI / VE 2 / VE 3) does not need much CPU, however heavy use of libraries/collections can eat up a lot of memory quickly ...

i just notice the new receptor 2 pro has now 4 GB RAM ... AFAIR the problem with VSL was that receptor cannot run a license control center.

but i'd say for the money you could also get almost 2 dedicated VE 3 slaves with the same specs ...

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited
    I have both VSL Special Edition and EW Gold on my computer (using Logic 8) and I must say that VSL runs much more smoother than EW.
    I find the matrix and performance controls in VSL much more user friendly than the keyswitches in Play. Also the convolution reverb in Play uses a lot of ram. I only use EW occasionally for orchestral sounds, but I use it a lot for voices (Voices of Passion) and special instruments (Gypsy, Storm Drum).
    For orchestration there is no doubt that VSL is the very best that is on the market, I should go for that if I were you.

Jef

www.myspace.com/aeronautsounds