Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Opus One Library and 64bit sampler question

Hello;

I would like to upgrade my computer system to a PC running Vista 64bit.  So far this looks like I will have to replace a lot of software and hardware.  I've been using Gigastudio 3 Ensemble to access the Opus One VSL instruments and that has worked well.  Now that Gigastudio is passing away, what software sampler can I buy to access my Opus One samples, which are in Gigastudio format now?   Thanks for any help.

Jim G.

• last edited
    last edited

@jgreeson_7874 said:

Hello;

I would like to upgrade my computer system to a PC running Vista 64bit.  So far this looks like I will have to replace a lot of software and hardware.  I've been using Gigastudio 3 Ensemble to access the Opus One VSL instruments and that has worked well.  Now that Gigastudio is passing away, what software sampler can I buy to access my Opus One samples, which are in Gigastudio format now?   Thanks for any help.

Jim G.

The answer is none. However at some point soon there should be a 64bit version of Kontakt, so you might find it worth while to upgrade. However, you would still need to program some of the patches yourself, or buy the official scripts. If you don't already have Kontakt, then your best bet is to upgrade to Vienna Instruments which has various advantages, including sounding better and easier to use.

DG

• I agree with DG, your easiest option is to buy the VSL Special Edition (aka SE). Everything will be sorted for you, with the exception of a couple of patches that are in Opus but not in the SE (they are in the SE+ though). The extended libraries of both these products are currently on sale should you be interested in this option.

In addition to DG's comment about Kontakt there are other options, such as using Mach Five, or converting the samples to another format but all of them are problematic in one way or another. If you're feeling bold you could give LinuxSampler a try - at the very least it's free (and despite the name runs on Windows)!

Regards,

Martin

• DG: "Or buy the offical scripts" ... there are official Pro Ed scripts?

• last edited
    last edited

@Robert Munnelly said:

DG: "Or buy the offical scripts" ... there are official Pro Ed scripts?

The OP was asking about Opus 1, not the PE.

Martin

• Ah! Of course. My bad!