Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,761 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• What Library to purchase for Sibelius 5

I'm a seasoned Sibelius 5 and trying to get into audio production and make a demo tape. Since I'm not rich I can afford 800-1600 (between Special Edition Full and Special Edition Full Bundle). The Bundle will have extra articulations but how much does can Sibelius recognize? If those articulations are only accessible by a master DAW user, maybe I don't need the extra articulations? I'm a total sucker for the FANFARE HORNS and appasionata strings. I have a 2.5 GHz with 2 GB ram and its not getting upgraded till next year at least.

• Hi!

With the Special Edition Full Bundle (SE and SE PLUS) in combination with Sibelius you will get pretty far. Almost all of the included articulations will be recognized by Sibelius and the sound set will take care of the articulation changes automatically.
    Epic Horns and Appassionata Strings are also included in the Special Editions Full. But of course if you want to have all articulations of these instruments you will have to go for the full collections.
    For the Appassionata Strings there is already a Sibelius sound set. Sound sets for Brass and Woodwinds will follow at the end of the year or early 2009.

2 GB RAM will probably do for arrangements with the Special Edition (although if you are making big orchestral arrangements you will want to have more.)
    If you want to include our bigger collections in Sibelius I recommend at least 4 GB RAM or using more computers with Vienna Ensemble 3.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on