Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• HELP!!! Mac/OS X Finale hangs or crashes after installing VSL and Logic

I installed now VSL and Logic on my Apple (Mac Book Pro).Since than my Finale was hanging, so I uninstalled finale (2009) an reinstalled it, now i'ts always crashing.Why?What can I do?

• Hi Juda!

Sorry, that you are having troubles with your computer. Can you give me more details what happens when Finale is crashing? Normally VSL should not have no bearing with Finale crashing.
    But in case you don't get Finale to work again, you can try uninstalling VSL completely and installing it again afterwards. Here is how you make a complete uninstallation:

Delete all Vienna Instruments files with the help of the application ViennaUninstall and all Vienna Instruments and Vienna Ensemble receipts (.pkg files) from ...LibraryReceipts (!)

Trash also the Preferences files

-com.vsl.vsldirs1.plist
    -com.vsl.vslfrontend.plist
    -com.vsl.appPresets.plist (if this one is not there, please do not worry!)
    from Macintosh HDLibraryPreferences

Empty Trash and RESTART your computer. Then repair permissions with help of the tool disk utility.

Please note that normally a simple ViennaUninstall and restart, before the new installation would do, and all the other steps are only necessary, if you are faciong trouble.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  •  I deinstalled and reinstalled both, VSL and finale

the problem started, when I had to make place on my intern HD, because VSL doesn't want to be installed, if there is not enough place on the HD for the samples, though I want and put afterwords the samples are on an extern disc.

So I moved libraries of the system, tht are possible to move from intern to extern and back. I guess something happened....

Is there a possibility to install the au's directly to their destination or is there only the option to install they direct on the intern HD, and if so (to install on extern), how ?

• Hello Juda!

Of course you can choose the folder where the library shall be installed during the installation process. You will be asked, where you want to put the content.
    It's also no problem to move it afterwards. After moving the content, just open the Directory manager and set the path, where your content is located.

Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on