Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,748 users have contributed to 42,256 threads and 254,899 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

•  details, details, details .... exact  OS version, PT version, drivers versions, ect ...

many team members from VSL are at the NAMM show currently, so it might take a while until dvelopers hava a chance to look into it ...

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@dsstudio said:

Vienna Suite doesn't work with Protools 8. Lots of parameter doesn't work at all even using mouse or controller.

We have previously verified correct operation in PT8. I just did it once again, and can not confirm your report. Everything works fine.

Regarding Icon/D-Command support - unfortunately I cannot test this myself, since I don't have access to such a device. I will meet up with Digidesign developers today and discuss the matter.

•  Hi

I am using Protools 8, OSX 10.5.5

I don't know why VS don't work on my system (but work OK on my old 7.4)

I can't make any adjustment on most of parameter in all plug-in, use mouse drag, the GUI look like it's freeze.

Yes, please discuss the problem with Digidesign, I have met 2 Martin today at NAMM, 1 young Martin and 1 older, which one is you?

Either is cool :)

Christian, I want to meet you at NAMM but too bad, you stay home huh :)

Martin, If you want me to do further test on Icon, I will, just let me know... My place is 10 Min to NAMM, you can stop by and check it out after hour if you want, I'll be honor to have you at my place.

Sonny

• Using the Vienna Suite Mastering EQ, I'm getting a few pops and clicks in an audio track in Logic 8.02, and they are happening during the first few seconds BEFORE the audio plays back (and no other tracks have audio or MIDI content, so in other words, everything is silent). Only remedy is to get rid of the Vienna Suite Mastering EQ plug-in in that track and substitute the Sonnox EQ.

• This issue is due to a bug in Logic's delay compensation - and happens in all plugins that need latency compensation. This issue also affects the ability of Logic to correctly bounce offline.

Apple are aware of this issue and we hope are able to have this fixed in the next release of their software.

Logic 8 improved upon this situation, but it still remains. I will see if I can find a workaround for this.

• Thanks Martin, for explaining that. Good to know it's not the Vienna Suite causing the problem.

• the "loud pop" issue happens to me too.... unfortunally... but that seems to be related to vienna ensemble? (setup: mac intel latest version of logic and OS 10.5). The problem of these sound explosions seems to occur when the VI switches between samples (eg. when changing dynamics). Is there any way to solve this problem  (changes in buffer size, etc)?

•  Hi Martin,

I am beginning to lose patience... The loud pop happen in Protools too, not just Logic...

Just like EXS24 performance tools case, VSL beginning to blame Apple for the bugs... I don't know about computer programming but I just know that Vienna Suite is the only plug-ins that cause loud pop in my system (Both Logic and Protools) - 3rd party support to adapt to the host - not vice versa... not to mention, Logic 8.02 was release way ahead of Vienna Suite.

1 More thing, it run ok with no problem in YOUR machine does not mean it don't have bugs.

Sorry Guys, I was a guy who open this thread and report many other problems... (I am glad that you fix ptoblem with Bias peak)

but so far, lately I don't get the answer I deserved, my time is limited but I still participate here with a goal to help... Make VS to be a better product...

I guess I will shut up now...

Sonny

• Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner. I have been on holiday since NAMM and have tried my best to stay away from computers.

I have just created a workaround for the "pop" issue you mention, which will be released with the next VS update. I also fixed your issues regarding automation and usage with Icon / D-Command.

•  Thanks Martin, Can't wait for the update.

More presets if possible!

Regards

Sonny

• Hi, Hate to post here (old topic) but I think we don't want another "bug report topic" after 1.1 has been released.

1/ Under Protools / Icon (D-Control and D-Command): VS still not automatically load into dedicate EQ and Dynamic Knob

2/ Under Protools, Some Plug-ins (Power Pan for example) If I want to use mouse to adjust, I have to point somewhere around (not exactly the point) - ie, If I want to move point R, I will have to point the mouse about 1 cm or so to the right - This is very annoying bug and it's there since the 1st version of VS.

This behavior also happen under Logic/Novation Automap V3 (for Nocturn Controller)... but this time, instead of 1cm on the right, it's 1cm below it.

So, again, Digidesign Icons and Novation Nocturn are MAJOR controller, they will make VS look good so Please consider fixing it ASAP!

And also, 1 more request for PPC support for VS Reverb.

Thanks

Sonny

•  So, Looks like everybody has no complain about VS1.1?

I am getting tire of loud pop in Logic... Tracks with VS insert will have loud pop if I stop the track while playing then play again at the start - always.

And Please, Martin, say something about Protools/Icon situation... I don't know why I am the only one on earth report bugs to VE

Thanks

Sonny