Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,748 users have contributed to 42,256 threads and 254,901 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@PaulR said:

I'm thinking about this one.

http://www.lexiconpro.com/AES_Events.aspx

I'm just about to hire one of these to demo it. I'll let you know what I think. It will be interesting to compare it with the Bricasti M7.

DG

• Cheers Daryl. I'm not sure I would want to use one of these for placement of instruments etc even though that is technically no problem - but I'd be interested in what you think of it as an overall application of reverb to the entire sound. Apparently it works well within a computer environment - but only with Macs currently I understand.

• last edited
    last edited

@PaulR said:

Cheers Daryl. I'm not sure I would want to use one of these for placement of instruments etc even though that is technically no problem - but I'd be interested in what you think of it as an overall application of reverb to the entire sound. Apparently it works well within a computer environment - but only with Macs currently I understand.

I'm not intending to use it for placement., I use Altiverb for that. However, on a recent project I hired a Bricasti to add a bit of extra tail, and much preferred this to adding an Altivertb tail, even with a Lexicon preset.

You're right about the plugin only working on OSX at the moment, but as I'm using Nuendo that doesn't really matter.

DG

•  DG,

I have a PCM 96 and love its sound. The range of presets, apparent depth and great tails make it sit great in the mix. It is much, much, much beefier sounding than convolution reverbs like Altiverb. (Yes, I have Altiverb and use it every day.) 

Lexicon finally delivered the software to allow for two simultaneous stereo instances via FW.

Of course I believe you are on PC so the software version won't be of use to you since it's Mac-only. The software is a little skittish though. On Logic you do need to play with the Preferences' send and buffer settings now and then. Especially if you have VE3 on another computer.

I ordered a Bricasti yesterday. Quite excited about it arriving. Might be a couple weeks before I get it an get it set up. Apparently according to Apogee I won't be able to use the Rosetta 800's Dig i/o with it. Well, actually only either out or in. I'll have to find out more from Apogee today on that. I'll probably go out dig and come back in analog.

Overall the reputation of these 2 boxes are:

PCM 96 - lots of great sounds,  2 simultaneous instances of stereo via FW, great price

Bricasti - intensely wonderful rooms, halls & plates, no FX,  one instance only, no computer control, more expensive (remote alone is $2100) 

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

Apparently according to Apogee I won't be able to use the Rosetta 800's Dig i/o with it (Bricasti M7). Well, actually only either out or in. I'll have to find out more from Apogee today on that. I'll probably go out dig and come back in analog.

Hi Jack,

Do you happen to know if this issue also occurs with the Rosetta 200?  I assume you're talking about the AES in/outs. I checked the Apogee website and searched the internet, but couldn't find any information on this issue.

Thanks, Brian

• If you have a card in the expansion slot it disables the regular dig i/o on the Rosetta. 

• Yes, I'm looking forward to trying the Lexicon out. I do like the sound of the Bricasti, and it is very different from the Lexicon sound. I'm not really intending to do anything with either of them, apart from giving the mix a final warmth, so the single "instance" is fine for me.

Thanks for the feedback, as it is always useful to hear other opinions before purchase.

DG

• O.K. I'll let you people with money like DG or placement like Dietz go on with this thread.   I will continue into the Fortress of

Financial Solitude.

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

O.K. I'll let you people with money like DG or placement like Dietz go on with this thread.   I will continue into the Fortress of

Financial Solitude.

You chose to be an Artiste. I chose to be a Whore. [:$]

DG

•  Why shouldn't a whore be an artist?

• last edited
    last edited

@mathis said:

Why shouldn't a whore be an artist?

Because they are saints! There are less expensive saints, and then there are the expensive saints, those are the ones we usually marry