Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• VSL Icons for Logic 8 Users

Hi everyone,

Over the past two years, I have collected/created Logic 8 icons for every Vienna Symphonic Library instrument including the NEW Jazz Drums.  They are in .png format and a prefix number is attached to the name so that when loaded in the User Library, they will not interfer with the default icons shipped with logic.  The custom icons will appear below the list of icons shipped with Logic 8.

You can obtain these icons from my website at:

http://web.mac.com/charlesgreen under the Tech menu.

Enjoy

• Many thanks
    It will be great if you could put them in one zipped folder ;)
    Best
    Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic --- Studio equipped in Dolby Atmos 7.1.2
  •  Good point Cyril.  Actually I was planning on doing just that.  I need to figure out the best approach on the site.  I plan to work on that tomorrow.  Check back in a couple of days.

• Nice stuff Chuck - very generous!!

I just dragged each image to my desktop and then transferred them to the correct folder.

Funny, the Logic Manual says icons must have 3-digit numbers - yours have 4 and they work just fine.

Pity Logic doesn't have little yellow tooltips for names of icon pictures. There are so many now, I'll just have to get used to them! [O] 

Thanks - Colin 

• Hi Colin, After extensive testing on my end, I found that I can have icons numbered all the way up to and including 30000. I have many other icons for non-VSL libraries and sound effects that I have placed after the VSL icons in my studio with no negative impact. I also read the manual first but then decided to experiment a little. I found that I can place a null text file as a place holder, with a prefix number followed by Text, --- or ==== in the filename that allows me to section off my icons into categories. As a result there are no gaps when I pop down the icon list in logic. I have certain number sequences to represent certain instrument/sound groups. This allows me easy insertions into my icon list as my library grows and is clear to understand when I view the directory from the OS level. This approach allows me to insert a new icon in the same instrument group and the list just rolls downward in logic. Another trick I've found is to use a custom icon at the beginning of the section that assist in finding the group when the pop-down menu of icons is displayed in Logic. Just a few tricks. Hope this helps. Take care....

• Hi Chuck. 

Good tricks....

I've also used all kinds of files as placeholders, eg in lists of Logic presets.

I've used spaces and bullets (option-8 on Mac = •) to order lists. I'll probably adopt your idea of a custom VSL icon and place it in front of all your icons.

I even use an exclamation point as an icon for these kind of files to remind myself they are just notes. 

Funny how you have to "cheat" the system to get order..... 

Regards - Colin 

•  Chuck,

I'm so sad to do not have such a feature in DP...

So, Congratulation its a great work...

Thanks and Best

• Your welcome Alain.....

•  Hi Chuck,

Kind of you to share your work with us. I too was able to just drag and drop the images (in Safari) all 146 of them! to my desktop.

Thanks

Julian

• Your welcome Julian.....