Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,755 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,921 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• How to Install Vienna Suite

I can't figure out how to install the Vienna Suite. I downloaded the trial version of the program (about 16 megabytes) and I received the activation code and put it on the usb key. I ran the installation program, but this is where I am stuck: I can't find anything on my computer that indicates an operative program or plug in. All I can find is an uninstall program.

I've installed a few Vienna products (downloads and from dvds) but I seem to be missing some steps here.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Marko

• I installed the demo this morning without problem. They show up as plugins in any AU or RTAS list. In ProTools if you sort by Manufacturer they show up under a folder "Vienna Symphony Library" (unlike Vienna Instruments and Ensemble which are in a folder named "VSL." In Vienna Ensemble they show up in the "Add Effect" menu just under all the built in Apple AU effects.

• Thanks John. I finally found the plug ins. They show up, but they won't open. I get an error message that reads:

Application Vienna Fx has caused the following error.
    Class not found.
    The application installation is not complete. Please reinstall application or update license driver.

Marko

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Marko,

please make sure that your Syncrosoft LCC is up to date! Otherwise new products won´t be recognized.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  •  Thanks Paul. The Synchrosoft update fixed it.

Marko 

• I don't see the Vienna Suite software only the manual. Is there a qualification for the demo? Regards Dave Hage

• last edited
    last edited

@dfhage said:

I don't see the Vienna Suite software only the manual. Is there a qualification for the demo? Regards Dave Hage

You can "order" the demoversion on the product page (try the "TRY" button)

http://vsl.co.at/en/211/496/945/1456/1071.htm 

Then the downloadfile of the Vienna Suite will be available in your User Area.

best

Herb

• Got it! Thanks Herb. Regards Dave Hage

• Please clarify - to run the trial test you need the Vienna key? What if you're a new user and don't have a Vienna product?

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Alexander said:

Please clarify - to run the trial test you need the Vienna key? What if you're a new user and don't have a Vienna product?

You buy a blank Syncrosoft key.

DG

• Gosh, when this comes out as a story that's not going to look very good when you consider the large number of people in the US using music technology that don't have product using a Synchrosoft key. Well, that's why we check. Thanks, Daryl.

• last edited
    last edited

@Peter Alexander said:

Gosh, when this comes out as a story that's not going to look very good when you consider the large number of people in the US using music technology that don't have product using a Synchrosoft key. Well, that's why we check. Thanks, Daryl.

It's not really a probem. It's exactly the same as downloading demo of plugs that use iLok. Except that the Syncrosoft key is a third of the price of an iLok.

DG

• out of interest - how do you UNinstall Vienna Suite? (on Mac 10.5?)

• how do you remove it please??????????

• Hello,

there is no uninstaller of the Vienna Suite yet.

On Windows, you uninstall it in the "Add/Remove Software" dialogue, on OS X, you can simply erase the VST and AU files you find in "Macintosh Harddrive/Library/Audio/ Plug-ins".

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL