Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,773 users have contributed to 42,478 threads and 255,926 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• Vienna Special edition re-Installation , please Help !!

Hello , My name is Oscar , and I bought my 1st Vienna sounds Library Special edition a few weeks ago. I followed all the video tutorial and did all the installation process. Everything worked well during a days but I had a problem a few days ago with my computer and I had to restore OS software . Now I am trying to Install again Vienna special edition in my computer. I had all the sounds in an external hard drive ( I put them there the 1st time I installed Vienna in my computer ), Now I am trying to play with the engine but everything is empty ...Empty Matrix , No patch , ,,,etc.. I am trying to install again the sounds library but when I click in the Vienna Instruments Library Installer it says to me " Administrator Account is required to run this application " What Should I do ? And the other problem is that my Logic 7 academic doesn't recognize the Vienna engine ....Do I have to do something special with any vienna folder or something ? Thank you very much Oscar

•  Dear Oscar,

your user account needs to be an administrator´s account:  Go to  .../System Preferences/Accounts and make sure that "Allow user to administer this computer" is checked.

Whenever the content isn´t visible anymore in the Vienna Instruments Player, please open the directory manager and clear everything and then add the folders for VI that you need again (to reset the content paths).

Besides this, please make sure to have the latest Vienna Instruments Software 2.0.3238 (Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, 32 bit, UB)" and the latest LCC installed:

http://vsl.co.at/en/68/375/377/239.htm

Syncrosoft´s Licence Control Center (v. 5.4.10.4):

http://www.syncrosoft.com/License_Control_Center-78-11.html

Restart your computer before installing these updates. I´d also recommend to repair permissions with help of the tool <disk utility> (/Applications/Utilities/). Select your Mac OS X startup volume in the column on the left of the Disk Utility window, then click the <Repair Disk Permissions> button. 

Unfortunately I don´t  know what Logic 7 "academic" is? Do you have any information about this Logic version and its possible restrictions?  You can also send this information to: support@vsl.co.at

Kind regards,

Maya 

• Thank you very Much !! I am going to try it . Thak you again.