Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,018 users have contributed to 42,641 threads and 256,693 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@requiem_aeternam7 said:

Ok well it still doesn't work BUT I think I'm right on the verge of getting it to work. As I said I downloaded the ASIO4ALL universal ASIO driver as evidently my computer didn't have one. And now I am playing with the different configurations and for once my VSL instance is responding to the midi being played in Cubase, i.e. the actual Vienna Ensemble instance has its keyboard playing and the wave graph jumping up and down indicating that sound is being processed in it, I just don't hear any sound. Same goes for the Cubase: 1. when I import a wav or mp3 file into Cubase it now plays it and I can hear it. And when I route a midi track to VSL from Cubase, the wave graph jumps up and down indicating that sound is being processed, I just can't hear any sound so something is just being set up wrong by me but I feel I'm on the verge of figuring it out.

I just don't see why in the settings in Cubase my sound is coming up as SB Live! when I have SB Audigy

OK, now we're getting somewhere. If you can hear sound when you play an audio file, then that means that there is nothing wrong with the audio set-up. So finally we can talk about VSL. [:)]

1. When you look at the circle in the middle of the VSL GUI and see all the action, do you see two coloured circles jumping up and down, or just one?
    2. If two then it means you are both receiving MIDI and producing audio.
    3. Assuming that the above is correct, then check that the output in VE is set to 1/2. It doesn't have to be, but let's start at the beginning.
    4. Go back to Cubase. Check the mixer. You should see a VST Output channel for Vienna Ensemble. It should have some action when you hit play. Note that this is a VST output, not a MIDI channel. Make sure that you know the difference.
    5. Assuming that all is OK so far, find this channel in the mixer and look at the top. You should see a little horizontal slot. If it says "No Bus" it means that you haven't routed this channel anywhere.
    6. Click here and you will be given your options. Hopefully one of them is your main monitor outs. Click this, and you should be ready to Rock 'n' Roll.

DG

• GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS VIENNA!!!! I love VSL and CUBASE!  IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!! I never thought my retarded old self would get it to work!!! Bless you both DG + DIetz please give me your paypal account for a large lump sum donation!!!!

Ok kidding on the paypal thing, I would if I was rich !  

• :-D ... good to hear that it works. Hope you enjoy your new tools.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library