Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,744 users have contributed to 42,369 threads and 255,368 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 80 new user(s).

• hmmm, not Martin - but after all these years of development I highly doubt that MIR itself will be included in this pack for that price. But maybe they will include a reverb that benefits from the MIR engine or parts of it - that would be actually nice. Just my thoughts best

• Hi Steff-never for a second believed MIR would be included, but with Xmas just around the corner would have made a nice stocking-filler! I am more curious as to whether the inclusion of Reverb at the top of the list of plugins was just a mistake. I haven't read anything here of the possible inclusion in the near future of a reverb in VS. Cheers...Colin.

• hi. congratulaions! i love the vienna suite! one thought / wish: it would be great to have the size of the analyzer GUI adjustable. ... or is there still an option, and i´ve missed it? cheers thomas

• MIR will not be a part of Vienna Suite.

Since the ad is now out - it is no misprint, Vienna Suite will be extended with a reverb plugin early next year.

•  is the reverb plugin included for the same price? is this also part of the deal that included the jazz drums?

• yeah id like to know that too.

I was thinking about buying this soon, but if theres more content being added, maybe its better to wait it out.

dont care about the jazz drums at all, but im sure they are nice and all.

A million thumbs up for the VSl stuff being bug free.

Thats very rare these days it seems...

• There will be some more plug ins added to the Vienna Suite.

If you already have bought the Suite or buy before these new plus are added you'll get them for ´"free". 

The price of the whole bundle will increase after we've added these new plugs.

best

Herb

• kewl, i have to hurry then.

But can you say if its a convo reverb or not?

Obviously its not MIR, but perhaps a very very super light version?

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

The price of the whole bundle will increase after we've added these new plugs.

best

Herb

I would much prefer if you decide to offer the plugins individually as well.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi orchestralala, 

you are not "authorizing a computer", but you download a demo license for Vienna Suite that resides on your ViennaKey (or any other Syncrosoft eLicenser). You can install and use Vienna Suite on any computer you like, as long as you have the ViennaKey with your demo license connected to your computer and the latest Syncrosoft LCC installed. 

You have 90 starts available with this Demo Licenses, which you can recharge via the Syncrosoft LCC for 30 days. Choose "Wizards" => "Activate Date Licenses" to recharge your starts. 

Best, 

Paul

Thanks for clarifying Paul - so just like normal VI/ key behaviour then ... I must have been confusing with another company's demo product. Sorry to clog up this thread with stupid questions..... but while I'm at it .....

Seeing as it'll be a while before I can test this out - I'd really love to hear from anyone what VS can do for brass instruments. Are there presets yet (at this early stage) focusing on brass? Anyone getting brass to sound better than they've been able to before?

• I just want to clear the record. Its true that using the direction mixer to reduce the stereo image reduces the direction mixers ability to pan (mono signals stay in the center) but to fix this simply use another direction mixer; one for the stereo reduction & one for the pan, as "fiddeling with the channel pot" will once again adjust the balance between the L & R mics in the stereo recording.

I've seen a lot of misinformation stating that logic cannot do proper stereo panning, and this is not true if you simply use two direction mixers. I dont quite understand why its necessary to use two and it is a bit of a pain, but still the results are the same.

All the best!

• Thanks for clarifying that Jon.

• Herb or anyone at VSL: Will we be given much in the way of notice as to when the extra plugins will be included? I don't want to commit just yet but neither would I want to have to pay the extra should an announcement be made at short notice. Have you any idea of when the first extra plugin may be included? Colin...

• Well, besides then when how about the what (extra plugins - what kind of processing) will be included - ok, we know reverb (most likely IR reverb) .... Also I guess the plugins are all stereo (or mono but not multichannel)? Would it not be nice to have the PowerPan with also a LCR-setup (might need to be 5.1 or so in the end to work inside most hosts). For EQ and compression that seems not that important to me - single orchestral instruments most likely do not spread out over the whole place. But for Mastering plugins multichannel would also be nice (MEQ, Limiter, MBComp or so). Thanks best