Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• In case the Vienna Key is destroyed (not lost), will I have to buy all licences again ?

In case the Vienna Key is destroyed (not lost), will I have to buy all licences again ?

•  Yeah, I would like to know this as well. As it really scares me thinking that my key may die!

• last edited
    last edited

@frederichahn said:

In case the Vienna Key is destroyed (not lost), will I have to buy all licences again ?

No, just handling costs, but this is also depending how old the key is, and how it was damaged.  (guarantee or not)

And you have to send the dmaged key to us or any of our distributors.

best

Herb 

• Thank you for this important clarification. I feel much safer now. In case of lost key, I guess you have to rebuy everything from scratch ?

• last edited
    last edited

@frederichahn said:

Thank you for this important clarification. I feel much safer now. In case of lost key, I guess you have to rebuy everything from scratch ?

It is possible to insure software, but most insurers won't allow this, so you have to shop around.

DG

• I bet in case of a lost key VSL would be willing to work with you on a case by case basis but you won't see them advertise that here because obviously they don't want to come out in to the open and say "yea guys go ahead lose your keys we'll replace them and your licenses" so that then pirates that might be lurking around will use that opportunity. But that's just a guess on my part, because that's at least what they seemed to have HINTED at in past threads of this nature.

• I heard from ProTools users that they own protected plug-ins requiring an iLok key. They told me it's possible to backup the licences legally, which ensure a zero downtime in case of loss/damage. It would be great to have such an option on Vienna too. By adding more and more licences, at the end, the key will be more expensive than a juwel !

• last edited
    last edited

@frederichahn said:

I heard from ProTools users that they own protected plug-ins requiring an iLok key. They told me it's possible to backup the licences legally, which ensure a zero downtime in case of loss/damage. It would be great to have such an option on Vienna too. By adding more and more licences, at the end, the key will be more expensive than a juwel !

However, even though it costs a lot of money to get this "zero down time" you'll find that many common plugs are not included, so for many people it is just a waste of money. I agree that there must be better options than the current situation though.

DG

• Absolutely. I am totally against piracy, and I totally approve the hardware protection like Syncrosoft, because it's the best way to protect software against mass piracy. But in exchange of this, from the honest user point of view, I would expect a total protection for the investment. Technically it's possible to offer options to control against stolen keys (like regular internet checks). They just need to be developed.

• last edited
    last edited

@frederichahn said:

Technically it's possible to offer options to control against stolen keys (like regular internet checks). They just need to be developed.

This can be a good way to help stop thieves, but I don't really want to plug 6 or 7 keys into my Internet machine every month. I really think that if a key is stolen, it will be by accident. It is very unlikely that anyone would even use it, or try to offer it for sale, and without the samples, would be pretty much useless anyway. All that has to happen is that the registration gets cancelled so that it is not upgradeable.

DG