Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,327 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• Some eclectic Tango chamber music

so after some years of dealing with the romantic orchestra I return to smaller ensembles and composed these four pieces for flute, clarinet, violin, cello, guitar, double bass and guests:

http://www.mathis-nitschke.com/GatnoTango/gatno2008.mp3

the plan is to extend this to an evening filling cycle which should be recorded and played on a little tour in autumn 2009. If you have any ideas for a label/publisher and/or concert agent or simply a place where you think this music would fit, I'd apreciate any idea.

For the technically inclined: this is a Sibelius playback of the Special Edition Plus. Guitar is from EW Gypsy and the pizz/Jazz double bass from Trilogy.

The drums are interesting, they're actually played by the guys from www.drumsforyou.com. I always wanted to try this service and I'm quite satisfied.

Comment away!

Bests,

- Mathis

• Mathis ia an excellent composer, but what are all those repetitions for?  It sounds like a broken record.  It is hard to listen to that - it is irritating. Though I have trouble with minimalism. The instrumental performance is  excellent anyway.

• last edited
    last edited

@William said:

It sounds like a broken record.

Dear Bill, that's exactly the intention, hihi... 😉

Of course it will sound a bit different when it is played by real performers.

Thanks for listening, anyway. I didn't mind your former rave about my filmmusic, by the way... just had no time to respond.

• Yes, that music for Possibility of an Island is tremendous.  So with the live performance you will have more subtle variations on this perhaps?   I can see that would be different.

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on