Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 39 new user(s).

• Syncrosoft "decryption failed" error in Vista x64

last edited
    last edited

I'm am trying to migrate to a new 16gb Windows Vista x64 machine.   Silly me!  

I'm getting a series of syncrosoft errors like:

@Another User said:

Brass 1 Horn ens L2

Brass 2 Horns ens/Epic Horns L2

Brass 2 Bass Trumpet L2

Woodwinds 1 Oboe ens L2

Percussion Bells L2

Orchestral Strtings celi L2

Chamber Strings celi L2

Any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.   I have the all the lastest Vsl and Syncrosoft drivers.

Best,

Jay

• I would try to split all the VI licenses on two different keys.

best

Herb

• Thanks Herb!   Problem solved.

Best,

Jay

• Jay,

Out of curiosity, which motherboard are you using? I've seen now where Asus (and some others) have standard motherboards which will take 16 gigs RAM -- and that's not FB dimms.

I recently bought an Asus but have only loaded up 8 gigs ( (4) 2 gig dimms ) -- because until recently the 4 gig modules have been very expensive. But they've come down to where it's almost reasonable. But I think you can get 4 4gig modules (so, 16 gigs) for something around $350 US$.

Just curious about your motherboard.

Mahlon

• I just built my first computer.   Fun and not too hard.

The components that might interest you were:

ram: 16GB (4 x 4GB) OCZ ddr2 kit for around $354 US dollars

motherboard: Asus P5Q-E

processor: intel q6600 overclocked to 3.2GHZ

The computer seems to be working well.   However, I'm still having issues with some of the software I rely upon like Altiverb.

Best,

Jay

• That's similar to a recent slave I built to host VE: Asus P5Q-EM (micro atx version), but with e6600 and 8 gigs of RAM. Will put in 16 gigs when I can afford it. I think I'm liking this motherboard quite a lot so far. And the e6600 idles at very low temp. And all this in a micro ATX case. It's small. It's portable if need be.

Thanks for the info,
    Mahlon