Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• Using Woowind with the mod wheel?

I'm wondering if people use solo woodwind instruments with the mod wheel(X-fade/mod wheel blend)?

I assume people avoid using brass that way because of phasing issues as well?

• Hey Joe, I use them depending to the single patsches. Some work better then others. Even with the brass (espacialy horns and trombones) I get some pretty good results using the mod wheel. All the best, Stephan

•  Hy Stephan,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. [:)]

I guess i was hoping i wouldn't have to build such instruments.[:(]

Cheers!

• Hey Anonymous Joe, I feel your pain with having to build a bunch of instruments, but I've found that it is totally worth it. I started with one instrument, set up the key switches the way I wanted, controllers, etc. and then loaded all the patches for that instrument, hit save as, and then loaded the next set of samples for the next instrument and so on. I did this so that most of the instruments would load the same and articulations for the most part would be in the same key switch configuration as other similar instruments. It took a while, but once I got into a rhythm it wasn't so bad. Plus I knew how awesome it was going to be once I was done. From there I used the instruments to set up templates in VE and it really made my workflow sail from there on out.

• last edited
    last edited

@pringlestar said:

Hey Anonymous Joe, I feel your pain with having to build a bunch of instruments, but I've found that it is totally worth it. I started with one instrument, set up the key switches the way I wanted, controllers, etc. and then loaded all the patches for that instrument, hit save as, and then loaded the next set of samples for the next instrument and so on. I did this so that most of the instruments would load the same and articulations for the most part would be in the same key switch configuration as other similar instruments. It took a while, but once I got into a rhythm it wasn't so bad. Plus I knew how awesome it was going to be once I was done. From there I used the instruments to set up templates in VE and it really made my workflow sail from there on out.

Smart move pringlestar. 😉 I'm doing the same thing in K2.  But i most say it's getting to me! 

Well i guess I'll have to do it then!

Cheers!