Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,508 users have contributed to 42,303 threads and 255,091 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

the color of snow is not green!!!

The color of snow is as green as I like to be green.

thanks for proving my point. i am outta here.

• well, the reason you should go to uni is that you learn what has already been done, so that you don´t think you are origininal and a genius, because you wrote something that has been done better 50 years ago. if you want to be original and make something new, you have to know what has been there before you. there is not one single influential composer in the history of music that has not been through thoroughly studying his predecessors.

that of course does not have to be at a university. you can study with great teachers privately. but without that step, you will never become as good as you think you already are. man, you really sound like a 13year old kid who thinks he knows everything without studying it... probably you are...

Well, as said, assumtion is the mother of fugguption... I studied music from 1971 to 1976, after that I worked as professor for composition, harmony, instrumentation and instrumental instruction until 1981. Then I needed almost 2 years to forget all that academic crap and start there where I was before.

•  Oh!   So you are  PROFESSOR!!!!

I am so impressed!   You are from the Academic world.   let me bow down and kiss your feet you egghead. 

So now I am asking HERR PROFESSOR - WHERE IS YOUR MUSIC?  Let's hear your concerti for all the instruments, your symphonies, your operas, your sonatas, and OF COURSE NO FILM SCORES BECAUSE ALL PROFESSORS THINK FILM SCORES ARE "CLICHES" (and the reason for that as we know is they don't get paid to write them).

HERR PROFESSOR, where is your music?  I really want to hear it now.  Since you are an expert not only in dynamic ranges and the cliches of film music, but also "composition, harmony, instrumentation and instrumental instruction"   - wow!  Your music must be great.  Let's hear it.

• last edited
    last edited

Oh! So you are PROFESSOR!!!!

I am so impressed! You are from the Academic world. let me bow down and kiss your feet you egghead.

So now I am asking HERR PROFESSOR - WHERE IS YOUR MUSIC? Let's hear your concerti for all the instruments, your symphonies, your operas, your sonatas, and OF COURSE NO FILM SCORES BECAUSE ALL PROFESSORS THINK FILM SCORES ARE "CLICHES" (and the reason for that as we know is they don't get paid to write them).

HERR PROFESSOR, where is your music? I really want to hear it now. Since you are an expert not only in dynamic ranges and the cliches of film music, but also "composition, harmony, instrumentation and instrumental instruction" - wow! Your music must be great. Let's hear it.

Stop interfering with my post.

THEY ARE NOT DIRECTED AT YOU ----> NOT ONE OF MY POST IS DIRECTED AT YOU.

You only imagine that I talk to you here.

my post was directed at lukeyphills.

•  What the hell?

They are not directed at me?   You repeatedly answered me with sarcastic, obnioxious insults.  And then you say they are not directed at me.  That is bullshit.

• wrong thread

• last edited
    last edited

@Angelo Clematide said:

after that I worked as professor for composition, harmony, instrumentation and instrumental instruction until 1981.

how should that validate what you say?

there are professors of biology who deny evolution despite all the evidence in favour for it. you seem to be the "intelligent designer" of composition...

• What the hell?

They are not directed at me?   You repeatedly answered me with sarcastic, obnioxious insults.  And then you say they are not directed at me.  That is bullshit.  

Read your post here psychopath ----> a post which was directed at the thread opener. That you think Stravinsky is about a similar idiot as I am, you already said:

William sez:

I see the troglodytic lurker Clematide has re-surfaced from the Lovecraftian netherworld he sunk to after his ludicrous "How-to-do-all-dynamic-ranges-in twelve-steps" thread was mercifully dispatched into the cybernetic non-existence it richly deserved.BTW oh Magnificent Clematide, the Knower Of All Things Eurropean who let me know how little he knew compared to his vast reserve of enless knowledge - DO YOU KNOW WHO LOVECRAFT IS? Quick! Look it up on the internet and give me many references. For your information, I already have TWO COMPLETE ARKHAM HOUSE EDITIONS of everything he wrote, so don't bother.

For your information you pathetic blowhard Clematide, Stravinsky was FULL OF *** concerning film music, which HE ORIGINALLY WANTED TO DO BUT WAS REJECTED FROM A HOLLYWOOD STUDIO GIG AND AFTERWORD SAID FILM MUSIC IS WALLPAPER. Gee, what a shock! Talk about sour grapes! And yet you beleive everything he said. How very predictable.

So don't tire me with your pathetic little references to what this pyschotic (albiet talented) composer said. He like many other great artists was a source of disinformation and absurdly opinionated CRAP concerning other artists - which he didn't happen to be - and other arts - that he did not do - like the GREAT ART OF FILM MUSIC - YOU PATHETIC FOOL! - WHICH YOU ARE INCAPABLE OF IN YOUR INCOMPETENCE AND THEREFORE INSULT - JUST LIKE YOUR GOD STRAVINSKY, you wretched syccophantic slavering troglodyte gibbering incoherently at the nethermost pits of Hell.

• PaulP Paul moved this topic from Orchestration & Composition on