Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,470 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Note Drop Out

Good morning everyone (4:15 am here).

Can someone please help me in explaining this note drop out that is occurring for me.

My violin 1 (orchestral violins) are playing a arpeggio passage on a g minor scale up and down (g-bb-d-bb-g..etc) over and over in 16th notes while my violin 2 are playing the same G (g0) on 16th notes as well. Everytime the violin 1 hits the same G in its arpeggio that violin 2 are playing, the G of the violin1  seems to drop out. I'm REALLY technically illiterate when it comes to software and all the technical stuff but it would seem to me like they are sharing some sort of same track I really don't know how to explain it but both instruments are mapped to 2 different tracks in both Sibelius and in VE as 2 separately created instruments. Can anyone please shed light on what could be causing this?

P.S. for polyphony info, the piece at the time of this occurrence is playing along with these 2 instruments, violas, cello, and double bass.

I have Sibelius 5.2.5. with Vienna Special Edition on a AMD phenom quad core 2.5ghz 8gb ram Vista Basic 32bit Sound Blaster Audigy.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

• p.s. let me know if anyone wants to hear the passage in question though it's really self explanatory, basically everytime the violin1 and violin2 (both are separate orchestral violins patches loaded in VE) hit the common tone of G0 the violin1 G seems to drop out. Thank you.

• Hi Peter!

If you have two violin sections playing in Sibelius, you also have to reserve two channels for them in the Playback Devices/Manual sound sets tab. Did you do that? Otherwise they will play on the same channel, as probably in your case. To go for sure on which channel each instrument is playing, you can take a look at the Sibelius mixer.

I hope that helps.

Andi Olszewski
    Vienna Symphonic Library

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on