Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,087 users have contributed to 42,705 threads and 256,979 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 39 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Sibelius sound sets

For Sibelius users, a major consideration when deciding whether to buy any new VSL instruments is whether there's a Sibelius sound set available - since setting these up by hand is a major headache.  But apart from occasional posts on this there doesn't seem to be any central list of what Sibelius sound sets are available.

The "Needful Things" page which is referenced in some posts only lists the downloads relevant to items you've already purchased, so that's no use at all!

From what I can gather, the only sound sets currently available are SE, SE Plus, and Orchestral Strings.

Would it be possible for VSL to publish (and keep updated) a page on this site with a list of all available sound sets?  I'm sure this would help Sibelius users wishing to expand their VSL instruments collection.

•  Hi Mike,

at the moment we provide sound sets for Solo Strings, Orchestral Strings I&II, Chamber Strings I&II, Chamber Strings I&II, Harps, Special Edition and Special Edition PLUS. 

We will see where we could place a list of the available soundsets. Meanwhile, you can always contact support@vsl.co.at

Hope that helps for now!

Best, 

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • What are these sound sets?

Is there somthing similar for Finale?

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Sergino,

Sound Sets "connect" the articulation with the notation, so to speak. You can check out the Video Tutorial on Sibelius 5 and Vienna Ensemble.

For Finale 2008 and 2009, we have provided Human Playback Settings for the Special Edition for now, available here (for registered users of the Special Edition).

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on