Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,975 users have contributed to 42,333 threads and 255,216 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 32 new user(s).

• Sibelius 5.2.5 issues...

Hi people, was wondering if you could help me.. Since downloading the updated soundset and the new 5.2.5 update of Sibelius from their website (which is meant to solve any playback issues with the VSL SE), I have experienced problems when playing back legato passages on the double basses. Instead of it being smooth, the notes cut out half way through each beat as if to play staccato...very bizarre :-S..I followed all the steps carefully and made sure all the midi channel settings in the VE corresponded with the soundset info in Sibelius. I'm beginning to get impatient with Sibelius...all this hassle for a bunch of problems and disruptions during what should be a fluid creative process. Any suggestions as to what I can do guys? Thanks for your time, Matt

• I'm taking a guess here, but have you got your "Click" track set to the same channel as your basses? I had the same issue with Sibelius 5.2 (not .25) the other day. Try muting the click track in Sibelius, assigning it to a new channel, or - a bit extreme this - adding a percussion instrument in VE so the clicks play back properly! Let me know if that helps! Tristan

• Hi Tristan - thanks so much, you've solved the problem! The click track has been assigned to the same channel as that of the double basses. If I mute the click track, the problem is gone. However, for some reason Sibelius is not letting me change the channel of the click track in the mixer (I've uploaded a marimba in the VE).. any suggestions? Thanks again

• Have sorted it out now - I needed to load up the percussion matrix specifically in the VE for the click track in Sibelius to register.

Thanks again =)

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on